What have you been doing lately?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying my post OHS life. It's been 4 months now post surgery. Back to normal doing all the things I was doing (plus more) pre surgery.

This month I built a new gaming PC for from scratch (I work in IT too) with pedals and wheels to play F1 2022. I haven't built a PC in years, but its what got me started in IT/computers when I was a teenager. So I thought, lets give this a try and have some fun :)

View attachment 888917
Great job !!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I've been busy. AVR almost 2.5 years ago already. No impact to lifestyle. Over this past winter I designed and installed a solar system in my travel trailer to allow camping off grid as desired. Work has been slow, so in May I took a solo 4,000 mile camping trip to South Dakota. Custer, Devils Tower, Rushmore, Badlands, Sturgis, Deadwood etc., lots of hikes and couple hundred miles of bike rides.
Off road ATV riding last weekend with my son, and now camping up at Lake Erie, PA. Much to do!
Some pics from the SD trip.

Attachments

• 20230524_150547.jpg
    20230524_150547.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230523_155754.jpg
    20230523_155754.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230522_181625.jpg
    20230522_181625.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230522_114059.jpg
    20230522_114059.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230522_104011.jpg
    20230522_104011.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230525_105949.jpg
    20230525_105949.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230531_081112.jpg
    20230531_081112.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
This is my first time on this forum. I've been knocking myself out -- but not in a fun way.

Two weeks ago, my bathrooms and front bedroom flooded. By the time my wife called me about it, a lot of damage was already done.

I moved us out to a hotel (stressful) and moved stuff from the house to the hotel so we can be more comfortable.

I've been at the house every day for the past two weeks, going through stuff, boxing and bagging, essentially looking for valuables that my wife has a habit of hiding -- others can't easily find them, and often neither can she. On top of that, my kids (great, right?) may have helped themselves to some of our best stuff when my wife was in the hospital and I was with her.

I'm in the process of going through a LOT of stuff to find things that should be kept, things of actual or sentimental value, and even planning to donate some of the stuff. It's hard. It's stressful.

Yesterday, we had to quickly move from one hotel to another. I packed most of the stuff, we moved. I left a bag in the hotel with essential stuff, and they're still looking for the bag (I hope the maid likes the earbuds).

We hate the new hotel. My wife doesn't want to move because of the drain on me that she saw happening. I'm trying to convince her that we SHOULD move to a comfortable place.

At least my XS came with me.

So -- that's what I'VE been doing. No new bikes, no vacations, nothing fancy. One of these weeks, my wife and I will be able to rest...

This is my first time on this forum. I've been knocking myself out -- but not in a fun way.

Two weeks ago, my bathrooms and front bedroom flooded. By the time my wife called me about it, a lot of damage was already done.

I moved us out to a hotel (stressful) and moved stuff from the house to the hotel so we can be more comfortable.

I've been at the house every day for the past two weeks, going through stuff, boxing and bagging, essentially looking for valuables that my wife has a habit of hiding -- others can't easily find them, and often neither can she. On top of that, my kids (great, right?) may have helped themselves to some of our best stuff when my wife was in the hospital and I was with her.

I'm in the process of going through a LOT of stuff to find things that should be kept, things of actual or sentimental value, and even planning to donate some of the stuff. It's hard. It's stressful.

Yesterday, we had to quickly move from one hotel to another. I packed most of the stuff, we moved. I left a bag in the hotel with essential stuff, and they're still looking for the bag (I hope the maid likes the earbuds).

We hate the new hotel. My wife doesn't want to move because of the drain on me that she saw happening. I'm trying to convince her that we SHOULD move to a comfortable place.

At least my XS came with me.

So -- that's what I'VE been doing. No new bikes, no vacations, nothing fancy. One of these weeks, my wife and I will be able to rest...
Aw ProTime that sucks!! Hope things improve. Water damage is the worst. So disruptive.

We may not be able to move back into the house until the end of September.

All the plants will die. We may be stuck in terrible accommodations until then (my wife does NOT want to move again - the first move from a better hotel was too much for her and me (I did most of the work, but REALLY tired myself out, to the point that I was dragging around, my balance was off, and other nice signs of exhaustion - great for a guy with a persistent arrhythmia and a defibrillator in his chest).

At least the flooring will be new, new vanities in the bathrooms, and damaged drywall repaired -- but moving out, moving my computers somewhere and taking the stuff we'll need in the interim with us -- IS disruptive.

My wife is scared for my health. I'm more concerned with our stuff.

@Protimenow, that sounds awful. Felt compelled to acknowledge your post in some way, but a “like” seems inappropriate. Can’t imagine the stress. Hope it all gets sorted and becomes a, “remember the year when…” event for you.

Insurance can’t work out an apartment rental for you?

During the next week, I expect that the builders will clear the house. THIS will be stressful, because I haven't really had a chance to get all the stuff that we don't want boxed (or, perhaps, stolen).

Maybe THEN there will be a modicum of peace.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

I have computers to take to my current 'residence.' I won't have the room there, but what can you do? My wife hates clutter - she may have to put up with a little more once I move more stuff in.

@Protimenow we had a kitchen leak a few years ago. It's tough! I feel your frustration! You'll get through it!

We've been camping off grid the last 2 weeks, in the white mountains AZ. No cell service within about 2 miles! Lots of walking, hiking off roading in my jeep!

Attachments

• 20230809_061211.jpg
    20230809_061211.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230807_064747.jpg
    20230807_064747.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230801_103345.jpg
    20230801_103345.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230804_140651.jpg
    20230804_140651.jpg