What does Atrial fibrillation feel like?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it felt like I'd taken a double dose of sudafed when I was in A-fib. And I'll echo the feeling of impending doom for both Afib and V-tach, though with V-tach one also tends to grey out and/or pass out quite quickly.

bina said:
Duff, yes I've had the heart vibrate thing. I seem to get it when I first lie down at night and my BP is low from taking my meds. It's a real creepy feeling. I hate it. I also get the strong beats, delayed beats (pvc), etc.

Do you have confirmed afib? I ask because I wonder if it's the valve itself. Who knows..

I've definitely had afib twice before, or something like it.. maybe vt or svt. That feeling of impending doom is unmistakable. I thought I was going to die, my heart was wigging out... and all the sudden it went away and the impending doom feeling disappeared immediately.

Even though the cell phone sensation probably isn't it, this is still interesting stuff.

Actually not everyone can sense when they are in A-fib.

Good to know I wasn't the only one. I was in A-fib after my 2003 OHS for a spell, but NEVER felt it. The doctors would tell me I was in it ... but I never felt it. This frustrated me because I was a bit worried that if I didn't feel it, I wouldn't know when it got to a serious/dangerous level. Luckily, that never happened....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Time can't erase a feeling this strong" ... Mariah Carey ... 'Always Be My Baby'

I used to wake up once a year in a-fib, always in the winter. I would call the rx, he would see me in the afternoon and everything would be normal, so he said next time go to the ER and ask for an ekg. Well I went and what do you know, a very irregular pulse of around 176. I would describe the feeling as being out of phase, no discomfort, just could not get a pulse. It took apout 4 hours for me to convert. (they were about to put me into ICU when I converted, Hospital said you can go home, get an apointment with a cardo !) Went home with a HUGE headache.

Do you have confirmed afib? I ask because I wonder if it's the valve itself. Who knows..

I've definitely had afib twice before, or something like it.. maybe vt or svt. That feeling of impending doom is unmistakable. I thought I was going to die, my heart was wigging out... and all the sudden it went away and the impending doom feeling disappeared immediately.

Even though the cell phone sensation probably isn't it, this is still interesting stuff.

My docs have not yet confirmed A-Fib in me, only PVC/PAC and SVT, (which is not to be confused with V-Tach).
With the heart vibe episodes I can't get my pulse.....otherwise I always get my pulse.

I did not know that I was in AF until I went for a routine physical and was rushed to the hospital after the EKG. The only sympton I had was in the mornings I would sweat after my shower for a couple of hours. I did not know what was going on so I ignored it and would towel off my face at work until I cooled down. On hindsight I guess it was a little stupid to ignore. Probably a male thing:D

Latest posts

Back