Weird Symptoms

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

Update on my post of 2 wks ago: Jerry saw the cardiologist last wk and he took him off HCTZ and the Spiro...whatever, so he's on just 2 BP drugs now. Yesterday he didn't take any of it because of an early-morning bronchoscopy and still his BP was in the 90s/50s. Then I decided maybe he's getting dehydrated so I sent a big jug of water to work with him today. He made extra effort to drink water and when he got home his BP was 86/44! I've always understood that very low BP makes you weak & tired but this is not the case. He's not sick, not weak, not lightheaded, sleeps OK and works like a dog. Today we learn that he's lost about 15 lbs since Feb. The weight loss is the most worrisome. He gets hungry, but can't think of what sounds good, then fills up fast. He has a reputation for being a ravenous eater so this is not the norm.
He had routine blood & urine tests today concerning the Blastomycosis & the drug he takes for it. Maybe that will turn up something.

Any ideas?:confused:

Last edited:
I'd be real suspicious of the blasto meds and possibly an interaction with the bp meds. I had an acquaintance with blasto and had to switch meds several times. What does he take?

The med he's on is Itraconazole. Based on the research I've done it's the best drug for Blasto and I don't even know of many others. Jerry's Blasto was what they call "disseminated," in that it went elsewhere in his body, namely skin. He luckily had only one nasty-looking lesion on his arm that when biopsied turned out to be Blasto.

The only reason I'm kind of doubtful it's the medicine is that he's been on it 7 months; this weight loss only started sometime since Feb and we've only noticed the BP in the past 2-3 weeks.

That's what I first thought, but he's been off Lasix for 2-3 wks and the other one for a week, plus I understand HCTZ also has a diuretic component and he's been off that a week. Last night at 9:30 his BP was 84/48. It's always closer to normal in the mornings, of course. Today it was 105/68 in the AM. We haven't taken it since because we have a house full of company. And, it seems to me that if he was dehydrated enough to lose 12-15 lbs in 3 mo, and have that low of blood pressure, he'd feel bad. Still waiting for the results of the blood/urine tests.

Latest posts

Back