Warfarin monitoring whilst on holidays

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi All,

I've just returned home after 9 weeks holidays - 7 weeks in London and 2 weeks in Italy.
This was the first time I've managed my home monitoring when overseas since having AVR in July 2103.
I'm really pleased to say I remained within range for the whole trip apart from one time when my reading was slightly above the accepted range.
When at home I have a cup of broccoli everyday which I was usually able to do when away and my weekly/fortnightly reading is usually 2.2 - 2.6. (Meaning my warfarin intake usually remains at 5 mg each day).
The purpose of this email is to report it was easy travelling, staying within range and monitoring my lNR levels - no more of a hassle than the routine I use at home.
I also want to say my heart didn't miss a beat - precious trips have been plagued by bouts of AF, however since having the MAZE procedure at the same time as my AVR the AF has gone completely. I had AF for almost 25 years and not having it anymore nor taking the drugs I use to take to manage it is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
I return to work on Tuesday ... I'm far less enthusiastic about this!

Cheers.

Phil.

Back