Update on George from his wife

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George

Just a quick note to let you all know that he made it through surgery with flying colors. Instead of a pig valve they used one made from cow tissue which is suppose to be stronger and thus last a lot longer. Seven hours post surgery he is alert but still a little sleepy. They say he should be off the ventillator by morning. Thanks for your prayers as well as support.

thanks for the update, my son is 17 and just got the cow too, for the same reasons. I have to let you know, My son has a different CHD then George(TGA) but I have a great niece who is 4 and was born w/ TOF, so your husband is quite and inspiration to my family, I will keep him in my prayers, Lyn www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw

Awesome!

Awesome!

THANK YOU for posting! That is excellent news. Tell him hello!! I'm going to have a zillion questions for him when he's up to it.

Best wishes for continuing success!!

:D Marguerite

Terrific! I am glad he is out. My son also has a bovine valve but like Lyn's has a different defect (L-TGA) We are all a little different here aren't we?

Prayers for a smooth recovery and extra grace for any bumps in the road.

Thanks for posting and we are as relieved as you are that he is doing well. Dick was also on the ventilator until the middle of the night post-surgery as he had a hard time waking up. Send him our best wishes for an uneventful recovery and take care of yourself as well.

Thanks for letting us know about George. Glad he is doing well. Please give him our best wishes. We'll be right here when he feels up to talking. Blessins...

Hey, George, you did it! Welcome to the good side of the mountain;.

Marguerite53 said:
THANK YOU for posting! That is excellent news. Tell him hello!! I'm going to have a zillion questions for him when he's up to it.

Best wishes for continuing success!!

:D Marguerite

George,
You'd better save your strength for Marguerite's questions! :p :p I'm so glad you have had a successful surgery and I hope your recovery goes just as well. :)

This is great news!

This is great news!

George said:
Just a quick note to let you all know that he made it through surgery with flying colors. Instead of a pig valve they used one made from cow tissue which is suppose to be stronger and thus last a lot longer. Seven hours post surgery he is alert but still a little sleepy. They say he should be off the ventillator by morning. Thanks for your prayers as well as support.

I'm so glad he is through the surgery. Did Dr. Starr mention whether he left
any notes to himself when he was in there 40 years ago! ;) :D :D
Sure hope you wish George my best and tell him to get back online to tell
us all about the surgery and the great Dr. Starr. :)

Back