Under the knife in less than 3 weeks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doug you will be just fine, i can tell you now there is no bigger cry baby than me,and if i can do it anybody can,you will soon be chasing the nurses around the ward lol,

Thank you torrypines,

I'm looking forward to having my AVR in the rearview mirror. It seems the last few months I've been low energy and I'm hoping to be amazed just like your husband. I took the last 2 months off from work to spend a great summer with the family. I've done a good job of enjoying these few months pre AVR and look forward to being on the other side. Thanks for the advice and kind words. If it hurts while I laugh it should be a good pain.

Doug

Doug,

Just had a thougth when someone suggested laughing post op as not much fun.

Warning, Sneezing post op is the real arghhhh for a few weeks. Am a big fan of pepper and had to lay off pepper for a few weeks to prevent unwanted sneezing.

Doug if allergic (pollen, ragweed etc), as we entering the season, you may want to check with your med staff to see if antihistamines are ok with the other meds.

All the best on Tuesday

Gil

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum & wishing you the very best with your upcoming surgery next week! Will be praying that all goes well for you!

Godspeed!

Gil,

I have read several times here that sneezing is no fun. I also read here somewhere that you can stop a sneeze by squeezing the skin under the nose when a sneeze seems imminent. I seem to be sneezing a lot lately and I can tell you it works. That is my plan for the moment but I will ask that question Monday just in case.

Thanks, Doug

Latest posts

Back