Two days post-op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredmls

Well I'm on the other side. Still continue to be nauseous, but they are giving me meds for that. No pain medicine, though. Can't wait to get these chest tubes out. I was hoping for a repair, but had to have a replacement. My aortic valve had 4 leaflets, only the second time my surgeon has seen this in 17 years. I had signed a consent for research prior to surgery so on it will go for further study. Having a difficult time focusing on the computer. Is that normal?

Great to hear from you. Glad things are going well. Why no pain meds? are you feeling that good? FWIW its perfectly normal to have some problems focusing or things this close to surgery, many people have trouble even following a TV show, let alone read or get online. Thanks for the update.

You are doing wonderfully well to be writing so soon. I had the same problem. All those drugs in the body take some time to dissipate and until they do it is hard to focus for very long. I kept trying to read for several days only to find that I was just reading the same page over and over. Aren't the tubes pesky? I never found them distressing but they got in the way; they will remove them for you soon. Rest and walk.

Larry

I think it's amazing you are on the computer two days post-op. I didn't even want to see a computer for a week, then it was for a short period. Sounds like you are doing well. Don't try and do too much too quick. Welcome to the other side!

Not many 4-leaf clovers out there. Onl;y a very few on the forum. Wish you'd found a luckier one.

You'll feel one heck of a lot better when the chest tubes are out. They always make me feel confined.

Now that you're through the surgery, it will get better. Some good days, some not so. Then you'll suddenly realize there haven't really been any not-so-good days for quite a while.

Best wishes,

Hello Retiredmls---I read your posts about going in for surgery and now you are safely on the other side.GOOD FOR YOU.You sure are a guiding light for those that have to follow.My turn is coming up sometime in November 2010.Hang in there.

I think your totally normal, almost exceptional. Took me about 2 months to get on the computer, couldn't even focus on a magazine even after day 5.

But why no pain meds? You must be doing awesome, just be careful and don't over do it.

You are doing FANTASTIC!!!!

Believe me, the furthest activity from my mind was using my computer. Keep up the great recovery, and a positive mind set!

Take care

Glad you are doing well. I did not take many pain meds since I stayed in bed most of the time with my a-fib. ONce I started moving more, the pain meds helped the chest pain for me. Good Luck.

Pat

Latest posts

Back