Travel

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCRN

Anybody out there recently traveled via air with their INRatio machine and have any pointers so I can go through the checkpoints without hassel? I know I need to keep it with me and not put it checked baggage. Thanks in advanced for any advice.

CCRN

Travel with mine all the time. Have never been asked to take it out of my carry on. How about that for security:rolleyes: I do carry a drs note/RX just in case.:)

I posted a similar question 3 wks ago & here was one reply from Rob:

Hi,

I have been traveling back and forth to Europe for almost 2 years, and have never had any problems or issues carrying my Protime unit with me in my carry-on luggage. They have not asked me to take it out for inspection, as they only do this with my lap top computer. Even if they did, I would only have to demonstrate that is started up, and tell them it is fragile, medical equipment.

On another note... You mentioned that you test weekly, I do too, mostly that is. All and all, my INR does not vary that much between my weekly checks. If you also does not, I would suggest that it is really OK to skip a week. Check it just before you leave, and then when you return.

Hope you have a magical vacation!

Rob

How about getting a sticky posted at this forum about traveling with your home monitor?

We already have the info from TSA, thanks to my American Airlines employee friend and her TSA employee husband. There should be a source for similar agencies overseas. Our members in other countries could help with that research.

Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back