Translate ECHO results please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pipersmith

(I re - posted this as it's own thread to have some increased visibility :) )
Afternoon everyone.

I requested a copy of my ECHO results today. From his notes, I do not think that they are far off of normal at this time. I also think that he does not realize the extent to how I feel the symptoms - definately a topic for discussion. I would be happy to know that all is ok for a long time to come - but physically, I feel like a different person than 3 months ago.

Here are the values.....any and all feel welcome to translate - it is still Greek to me

LV end diastolic dimension 3.9cm
LV end systolic dimension 2.3cm
Septal wall thickness 1.1cm
Posterior wall thickness 1.0cm
Aortic valve opening 1.8cm
Aortic root diameter 3.6cm
Left atrial diameter 3.2cm

EJ fraction 60%

He added - There seems to be severe AI with normal peak veloities across the aortic valve at 1.9 meters/second. Trace mitral regurgitation with normal mitral valve inflow patterns. Trace tricuspid regurgitation. Limited views - cannot tell if the valve is bicuspid or not. A TEE is scheduled for next Thurs.

Thanks in advance for the info...

At a first glimpse, those numbers look really GREAT! Showing that your heart is (still) in really good condition! :)

I agree with TikTak, Piper. Those numbers look great to me. I can't address the AI issue based on velocity though.

I would say that your heart is very strong and efficient with the EF of 60%.

Relax and wait for the TEE results. That test was designed to give a really good look at the valves themselves. A much better look than can be had with the traditional Echo.

Jerry

Thank you both so much. This is very reassuring.:D

I am surprised that I am so symptomatic with such good numbers :confused: (But thankful for the numbers:) )

I appreciate the feedback...

TEE will tell the real story

TEE will tell the real story

I was mildly symptomatic at 1.8 cm valve area--but by the time I had surgery I was down to 0.6 and had MANY more symptoms. Chest tightness and lots of shortness of air with exertion. I feel great now.

pipersmith said:
I am surprised that I am so symptomatic with such good numbers :confused:

If your AI is severe, causing symptoms, those numbers will change if you don't have it fixed. But no signs of weakness yet.. :)

Latest posts

Back