Tracking software

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvmangum

I will be starting my home PT/INR monitoring on Monday. I have been look for software--free is good--that will allow me to track my numbers over time. Has anyone come across something like this?

I know I could create a spreadsheet but having to recreate the graph everytime will get old.

Any suggestions?

I just put it all on a spreadsheet. Date, INR and new dosage for the upcoming week. If something unusual occurs I make a note - such as I binged on some foodstuff or wasn't feeling well - then I can see how the dosage was affected or may need to be tweaked. I don't bother with graphs - in time a quick peek is all that should be necessary.

Did you purchase the meter and supplies or are you using a service? I'm looking at using a service since my insurance doesn't cover the meter purchase. I'm wanting to get the INRatio2 meter and I'm looking at using the service from Philips mainly due to they produce a report for the doctor that tracks INR results - see the link at http://www.inrselftesting.com/content/clinicians/emanagement . Unfortunately, it doesn't track dosage. The report is for the doctor, but I plan on getting a copy maybe once a month.

I will be starting my home PT/INR monitoring on Monday. I have been look for software--free is good--that will allow me to track my numbers over time. Has anyone come across something like this?

I know I could create a spreadsheet but having to recreate the graph everytime will get old.

Any suggestions?

You might ask whoever writes your warfarin Rxes if his/her office has any Coumadin diaries. I got a bunch from my doctor's office several years ago. The booklets are made by the the company that makes Coumadin, and each booklet is good for 6 months. I have about 3 booklets left.

Of couse, you could just get a calendar and record everything there -- your daily dosage, INR test results, note when you are ill/change eating/exercise habits, etc. If you adjust your own dosage, you'll need to get a chart or something to follow.

I've gotten to where I seldom need to consult a dosing chart. My INR 2 weeks ago was 3.8. One week ago it was 4.1. I decided it was on an upward swing, so I cut my dosage by 10%. Didn't have to get out my algorithm chart. It had been 5.5mg X 7, so accordingly I dropped it to 5mg X 7. Today my INR was 3.6. I recorded all that in my diary. If I was recording things on a calendar, I would have recorded it there.

I just put it all on a spreadsheet. Date, INR and new dosage for the upcoming week. If something unusual occurs I make a note - such as I binged on some foodstuff or wasn't feeling well - then I can see how the dosage was affected or may need to be tweaked. I don't bother with graphs - in time a quick peek is all that should be necessary.

This is what I have been doing for the last few years using a spreadsheet in "Works". It gives a quick, thumbnail of my INR history and, more importantly, any trend. I give a copy to my PCP about twice per year. He appreciates the simple, direct format. I do pull a graph every now and then 'cause I think graphs are neat:tongue2:

Software?

Software?

I've never seen any software. I doubt enough demand would exist for a manufacturer to make much money and profit would be an issue.

I just created a Word document where I record my INR's, and make notes beside entries if something unusual occurs or if a substantial adjustment is required.

Management and documentation isn't something that needs to be overly complicated.

-Philip

The hospital gave me a neat little booklet about Coumadin and for recording dosage/PT/INR results. They had entered the dosage and PT readings I had while in the hospital. The booklet was supplied by Du Point, later called Du Point for some spare booklets. I have all my results from day one in 2 books. A booklet has recording space for about 12 years. Those booklets are no longer available from Du Point. I have one more new booklet, probably last my life time.

I have actually found two packages to track my PT/INR. One is free and the other one is around $30.

The first one, INR Desk 2.01, is free from http://www.gpdesksoftware.com/Default.aspx but is more for a clinical setting. I have played with it and I think it is going to work okay. I have also played with the Personal Health Desk at the website and it seems to do a good job.

The other package that I have found is My INR from http://www.my-health-software.com/view/apps/my-inr. It's a little easier to use but also costs $30.

I experimented last night with an Access database but cannot figure out Office 2007 good enough. I will keep working to see if I can come up with anything better.

Latest posts

Back