Tissue v Metallic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pleased to tell you that I had a 25mm Mitroflow pericardial tissue valve fitted just a week ago and having been discharged from hospital yesterday I feel great!

I am sure that being reasonably fit before the op has really helped.

A massive thank you to my surgeon Joe McGoldrick and his brilliant team at the Yorkshire Heart Centre in Leeds

I am pleased to tell you that I had a 25mm Mitroflow pericardial tissue valve fitted just a week ago and having been discharged from hospital yesterday I feel great!

A massive thank you to my surgeon Joe McGoldrick and his brilliant team at the Yorkshire Heart Centre in Leeds

Im glad to hear you had the surgery things went well and you are home now. Stick around and feel free to ask any questions that might come up

Excellent news. Remember to rest often. :)

Very happy to hear you are safely home and recovering well.
You know the drill...... sleep, eat, breathe, walk and repeat again and again.
Use your spirometer and walk, walk, walk. It really makes a big difference.
Hope you continue a bump free recovery.

Fantastic news Gary ! Sending you all the best for a continued good recovery
fireworks.gif

Anne

Wow day late & dollar short as we say here. - I had great answer for u but it turns out it was the same as
Everyone else. Ha ha ! Bottom line glad u r home. I have the same decision to make shortly &
This forum has really helped. Thx to all! Tissue or mechanical. ? The debate goes on

Be well ! Nanc.

Hi Gary
Congratulations on having your 'tissue' valve, and that you are on the road to recovery.
I had my AVR (tissue) on 12th August 2011 (13 weeks ago), and I am back running/walking already. Just finished 6K training run/walk in the rain. (mad Scotsman).I am 71 age, and I have many mountain runs etc to do 'next' year!
I moaned and groaned on the CardiacAthlete site for weeks, and the message was - keep the exercise up to get better.
All the best.
Brian

Latest posts

Back