three and a half weeks post surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marciemarine

Hi! It has been three and a half weeks since my surgery to replace my aortis and mitral valves with mechanical ones and I'm feeling pretty good! Yesterday I asked my husband to take me to Walmart to look around at Christmas ideas and today we went out to lunch. I really enjoyed both outings. The only places I had been since my surgery up until then have been the doctor's office and lab. At Walmart I used a scooter chair to get around and I had a relaxing ride around looking at all of the merchandise and buying a few stocking stuffers. I also have been up to going upstairs a while and puttering around the kitchen. It feels great to be back in the world albeit on a somewhat limited basis. Marcie

Glad you are doing well and getting out and about. The first time I went to WalMart & the grocery store I rode the electric carts. It's a different world down there, isn't it?:) I think it really helps to get out, you get tired of the inside of the house and the same faces, even tho you love 'em. One afternoon I went to our local Hospice office, where I'm a volunteer just to talk to some different people face to face for a change.

Try and avoid walmart until they're more responsible to their employees and the environment. they're making some progress, but not nearly enough fast enough.

glad you're out and about!

Marcie - I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. Continue to enjoy your healing and have a very Merry Christmas!!

Latest posts

Back