This is the week

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DachsieMom

Well, April 9 is my day. The doctor just decided he needed me to have a cardiac cath so I am going in for that procedure on Monday. It seems so much more real now. I'll admit I am scared. Never had any surgery other than a c-section and I am a pretty big wimp. I have 2 little girls. I know it will be fine, but saying goodbye to them without crying is going to be extremely difficult....I also haven't spent a night away from them since they were 1 and 3 (they are 6 and 8 now). I am getting a mechanical valve.

Best wishes with your cath and surgery. I know the feeling ,my son is 8 and we dropped him off at school on our way to the hospital for my surgery in February. I knew he was worried about me so I had to do my best not to cry until he was out of the car. He wasn't allowed to visit the 6 days I was in due to flu concerns so it made getting home that much sweeter.

DachsieMom;n855041 said:
I have 2 little girls. (they are 6 and 8 now). I am getting a mechanical valve.

I had two little boys (6 and 8) when I had my mechanical valve implanted. I played golf today with the oldest one, now 56......and his grandson.....my great-grandson(8). That would not have been possible without the surgery. You will do fine.....and its OK to be scared.

Best wishes for the surgery. I know you'll be fine but that's easier to say when I've had 3 :)

I know you'll be smiling at them soon ... I look forward to helping you over on the AC forum in a few months

Take care, and take some kimchi in to hospital with you too ;-)

Latest posts

Back