The week in review...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffhughes

Well this week started off with a swollen left leg - but not the right...and a trip to the INR clinic.

My primary looked at the leg and said, "geez, I don't know, but it is definitely only the left (where they took the jumpers from); he put me on keflex antibiotic as a precaution and scheduled me with the cardio for Tuesday.

The INR clinic was great, up until they told me my INR was 1.4 and they put me on Lovenox injections 2x/day. I was completely flipped by this - I left hospital with INR of 2.8 and figured I was all set. They upped my coumadin for a couple days and remeasured on Wed and Thurs with INR of 2.8 and 2.91. So I am back on coumadin only.

The visit with the cardio included an EKG - from which he said I had left bundle branch block and hematoma at the leg graft site; he said if it didnt improve, they would do an US of the leg to see what was up.

In the meantime, after lots of lasix and elevation, the left leg is back to normal. I am feeling better day/day but still get tired when walking.

It's all good I guess...

Larry, sounds like you are getting there, although have had a few frustrations. Glad to hear most everything seems to be on the right track now, and you need to just keep it heading in that direction. I know the frustration of the Lovenox shots as well, and I hope you don't have to go back to them anytime soon. My INR was very difficult to get above 2.0 after I got out of the hospital, and I had many shots in the belly that left long lasting bruises. Hope the leg keeps getting better!

Latest posts

Back