Tambocor

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnycake23

Two-time AVR Vet
Hello,

This is a follow up to a post I submitted almost two years ago. As a quick review, I was having a lot of skipped heart beats, which was very unsettling. To combat these, my cardio put me on Tambocor, first 50 mg then 100 mg, twice a day. Here are the results.

For the last year my skipped beats have virtually disappeared. I can't tell you how much of a relief this is, as anybody who has had PVCs or any variation can attest to. The skipped beats are gone.

I was worried about taking Tambocor after someone sent me an article about the dangers of that drug. Well, I'm one person who thinks it works like a champ, the same way Coreg changed my life in '06 when it calmed my crazy-fast-beating heart.

I guess the point of this post is to say if your doc presribes something, of course do your homework, but don't be spooked if you read something negative. The presribed med could be your "wonder drug."

Oh, and to the cynics: No, I am not being paid by the folks who make Tambocor (whoever they may be) for writing this, although I'd be happy to accept any money they'd like to throw my way :)

I totally agree with you.

I personally learnt to trust my doctors' opinions. After all, they are the ones who know my physical and medical condition better than anyone else (besides me). :wink2: I always seek their opinion about any negative information that worries me. Thus, I learnt not to trust info I read here and there, written by someone whose education level is not clear.

Johnny, thanks for getting back to us with your update. It just so happens that I was at a new cardio today to discuss my own annoying
PVCs and mini tachy runs. He has given me a script for Bisoprolol since the Metoprolol is wearing off much too quickly for me.
Hearing your story, I will definitely keep other choices in mind after my trial run.
Hope you stay well :)

Johnny, thanks for getting back to us with your update. It just so happens that I was at a new cardio today to discuss my own annoying
PVCs and mini tachy runs. He has given me a script for Bisoprolol since the Metoprolol is wearing off much too quickly for me.
Hearing your story, I will definitely keep other choices in mind after my trial run.
Hope you stay well :)

Bina,

Since we both react differently to generics, I just like to share with you that Metropolol does not do the job for me as Toprol. A few times over the past four years I listened to the pharmacist's advice to try Metropolol again and again as it would save me money over the long run...it DID NOT WORK FOR ME! I would take with full faith that it will work this time and it failed before for other reasons. NOW, there is a note on the computer to ONLY RENEW my prescription with TOPROL!

Hope you feel better soon.

Latest posts

Back