Surgery Date

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim B

My AVR is scheduled for May 28. I'll need a CT scan of the aorta to check for aneuryms and possibly a 64-slice scan of the arteries if insurance will cover it. Hope to get that done next week. Just waiting on my HMO to pre-certify the scan. More later.

Wishing you the best of luck with your proceedure. Please keep us posted.

how lucky for us gals! now 3 of us with the same day- y'all are gone have to triple dupty praying that day! kimb sorry- where will you be having your surgery and what valve are you going with?

Thanks all for the good thoughts and prayers. It is a good feeling to have a date and know I will soon be over the mountain.

Megan - My surgery will be at the Baylor Heart Hospital in Plano, TX. I am STILL undecided on the valve choice even after years of researching the options. I keep thinking I have it figured out then can read just one post or something can flash through my mind and in an instant I begin to doubt my choice of the moment.

If it is determined after my CT scan that I'm a candidate for the Ross procedure, I'll agonize over whether to do that or the On-X valve. If I'm not a Ross candidate, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the On-X, but only after fretting a while over On-X vs. porcine. Will keep you posted.

well best of luck kim. i am sure you will figure out which valve is right for you. i will be having my surgery on the 28th at cleveland clinic. got the call last night telling me when my pre-surgery testing was. That is on the 26th and 27th so it will be a very long week. haven't decide whether to go up the 25th and stay the night yet because my first apointment is at 7:15 on the 26th and it will be a very long day . my heart cath is sometime in the afternoon.

Latest posts

Back