Staying the Course -- 8-31-2015

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pellicle: thanks, I will check out the Garmin. Probably doing some research is better than impulse buying with these gizmos.

As for walking sticks, I've had great luck with an outfit in Colorado --- whistlecreek.com -- nice selection. And my wife likes a stylish walking stick from Scotland they sell at Colonial Williamsburg. Will consider al possibilities though.

If we get another dog, it almost certainly will be a rescue dog --- Sadie was rescued by my son from a rather awful pound 15 years ago. If we go to search one out, I probably would have to have other family members go in to do recon for me because I would be saddened by all those wanting a home but weren't being selected. But for a variety of reasons, it probably will be a good while before I consider getting another dog.

Hi Bob
Superbob;n858134 said:
Pellicle: thanks, I will check out the Garmin. Probably doing some research is better than impulse buying with these gizmos.
one of my criteria was that I could not bother with it for some time and it wouldn't all go to heck in a hand basket. The Garmin vivofit was the only one with a 1year battery (the others required charging between 4 days and a week) and also would not loose the data from my activities for a month without sync ... its not unusual for me to not bother syncing for a week or so.

naturally YMMV (Your Milage May Vary) but that's a set of points which were important to me

Happy hunting :)

I also have a Garmin smartwatch, but mine is the Vivoactive. I like the step counting and move reminders as Pellicle has noted. It also syncs well with my Android smart phone and with the web. The GPS function is interesting. I can track where I've been and post my activity to Facebook. As Pellicle noted, you can also join up with others on line for comparing if you want, but I have not done this. It has the capacity to monitor heart rate as well using a chest strap, but I have not gotten that function to work as yet maybe because it's tough for me to get my heart rare up very far. I have the Vivoactive in white, which is really nice looking. Been busy here with upgrading two computers to Windows 10. So far I like it. It actually made one of the machines function better.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I see I can get a Vivofit2 at my local Sam's Club for $94. I don't have an iPhone yet. May get one. But if not, will I be able to connect with my Apple computer (Macbook) to get readings?

Hi

Superbob;n858139 said:
Thanks Jim. I see I can get a Vivofit2 at my local Sam's Club for $94. I don't have an iPhone yet. May get one. But if not, will I be able to connect with my Apple computer (Macbook) to get readings?

The vivofit 2 is a good successor to the original. Yes you will be able to sync using a macbook. Ere is a tiny USB dongle that allows it to work with PC and Mac :)

Latest posts

Back