Staying the Course -- 12-21-2015

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Well, ho, ho, ho and here's hoping the course you're staying is very very merry!

I was delayed in starting this because of a dental diversion. A very old crown in a back tooth came flying out of my mouth during flossing, so it was off to the dentist to see what could be done. He said there was so little tooth left back there that a new crown might not last more than a year or two. The other alternative is extraction, simpler and far less pricey. So I'm going to go that way.

As for my major concern right now -- back and leg pain -- my GP gave me a prescription for aqua therapy, which makes me happy. Had it once a decade ago, and it helped at that time. This time I need to make a commitment to staying the course in the swimming pool.

With grandchildren nearby, we have lots of Christmas activities to look forward to. Wishing all of you all the blessings of the season!

Cheers,

Superbob

Happy holidays Superbob and the rest of the STC group. Not much news here...trying to break my final weight plateau of 180 but I've been stuck there for a while now. The holidays don't help!

Jim

2015tree.jpg

I just dropped in to say Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all!!!

20015 has had many challenges for Mr and Mrs Chimp but we have "stayed the course" so to speak. Here's hoping for smoother sailing in 2016!!!

peace out..........

Hay, everybody! Happy Holidays to all - whichever ones you celebrate!

SB - Sorry to hear about that crown. Gosh, those things have gotten expensive, too. One thing to consider. . . Has that tooth had a root canal? If so, there are no nerves in the roots of the tooth. That means that your dentist could drill into one (or more) of the roots of the tooth, glue a post into the root, and cement the crown back over the post(s). I had a crown repaired this way, and got several more years' use out of it. Of course, all bets are off if the tooth has not had a root canal, as that would probably cost almost as much as the crown. . .

Thanks, Steve, nope it hasn't had a root canal, and so total cost would be quite steep, esp considering major dental work scheduled for DW. Have set up the extraction for Monday. I think it's one I could do without pretty well.

Love all the holiday salutations from everyone! Amen to Dornole's thought that we can use the energy of a fresh start that a new year brings.

So wishing all a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Happy holidays to all and to all a peaceful, prosperous 2016. Thanks for keeping Staying the Course going, SB. It helps motivate me to get healthier.

honeybunny;n861252 said:
Happy holidays to all and to all a peaceful, prosperous 2016. Thanks for keeping Staying the Course going, SB. It helps motivate me to get healthier.

honeybunny, just wanted to thank you for the nice comment. I intend to stay the course with Staying the Course knowing that some weeks will spark more comment than others. Here's wishing you and all our friends a healthy and happy New Year!

Latest posts

Back