Staying the Course -- 05-09-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Wow, it is heating up now -- close to 90F today. Again, we are blessed that we got our A-C back working just in time for the summer-like spring weather.

Reminds me -- about time to start thinking hurricane emergency planning -- the season officially starts June 1, goes to November 1.

Weight: I am on a plateau. Have still lost 16 pounds since Ellie dawg came into our lives early January.

We had a presentation at Mended Hearts today from Canine Angels, which trains service and therapy dogs. He brought a bunch of them in -- amazing how all dozen of them napped on command, and then on command "free" they were able to roam the meeting room and be petted. Such beautiful sweet dogs -- all of them rescues.

what's going on along your various courses? -- all are well, I hope.

Cheers,

Superbob

Lots of rain here in the past few weeks. It's nice otherwise. Still keeping up the exercise routine but haven't conquered the proper eating aspect. I feel good at least. School will be out soon for my son and then we will start running around together even more.

Tom

I'm still staying the course even if it looks like I've been AWOL. My weight's up, but my walking partner, grand dog Yoshi, hurt his paw several weeks ago, and I can't bear to leave him at home while I walk. We leave on vacation in less than two weeks so it's hard to find motivation for a new form of exercise.

I'm still "hanging around" too. We are having typical May weather here in Chicago. 50 degrees (F), and raining a lot. This usually changes drastically somewhere around the end of may, when it becomes "instant summer." The last 2 years it has been almost cold until the last week of May, then immediately up to the 80's. At least I hope it warms up. We occasionally have that outlier summer when there is no point in opening the pools because the temp rarely goes above 70 degrees.

Still can't manage to formalize my "extra activity" options for summer. Not too much fun to take that extra 2-mile walk at lunch time when it is 52 degrees and raining sideways. Eventually. . .

Duffey;n865198 said:
After I posted yesterday, I learned that former VR member GIJanet, mom to little Katy, passed away after losing her battle with cancer. Condolences to Katy and her brother and father.

Oh so sad -- I remember the fun banter we had back then on vr.org. My thoughts and prayers go to Katy and the whole family.

Latest posts

Back