Staying the Course -- 03/14/2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Welcome all, we have sprung forward, and signs of Spring are everywhere, at least down South. Maybe a few more weeks for our friends in Northern climes. Anyway, it's coming.

I stepped on the scales late last week, and saw a 12.9-pound loss since my goofy dawg came into my life in early January. I'm going to go with that -- will weigh-in again late this week -- that seems to work for me.

Elie Mae still will dash out the front door if you leave her an opening, but finally our fence is supposed to be installed next week, so maybe when she can run around some off the leash, pay ball and everything -- in addition to our two-a-day leash walks -- she will settle down.

First of the year is a hectic time of the year, isn't it? Lots of time-consuming must-do's. Then summer is torrid around here. Fall I must admit is my favorite season --- think we need to see the mountains again this autumn.

I am pleased with the weight loss and the exercise I'm getting. When it gets really hot, will have to learn to take walks at sunrise and sunset.

Hope all's going well with our stalwarts and friends. Love to hear from you when you can drop by a spell.

Cheers,

Superbob

I don't know if you receive the show "Lucky Dog", it airs on Saturday morning here, but the last episode dealt with a poodle who also wanted to bolt out open doors. The trainer had the behavior stopped in no time, and it seemed with minimal effort. I will see if I can find the link and pass it along, Superbob. We've had rain almost every day. Grand dog hates rain and it's a chore to walk him. Of course, he tracks mud back in and all over the light grey carpet we installed before he moved in with us. We could really use some sunshine, but then most of the folks in the Mississippi River basin could too. I hope everyone has a good St. Pat's Day and lots of sunshine to go with it!

Saint Paddy's Day -- Yes! We used to have a big Throwdown race for that splendid occasion -- but at least we can celebrate it. (And Superbob might consume a green scone in celebration of a 12.9 pound loss -- now re-confirmed this morning.) Top of the morning to yawl and enjoy St. Patrick's Day on the 17th....Cheers!

I'm still here, and still struggling with getting rid of my winter weight gain. I have increased my walking, weather permitting, but haven't seen any impact on the scale yet. I'm only about 4-5 pounds above target, but when you're a "smaller person" every pound feels like a bag of rocks.

Here around Chicago, we always called St. Patrick's day "Amateur Night." All of the bars were/are filled with drinkers, each trying to out-do the others. The result is that after 8 or 9 PM, one does not want to be out driving. We always make sure we're home and the cars are off the street. Party or no party, nobody likes to hear the "crash" out where your car is parked.

We've had some improvement in temperatures up here, but it is still gray and rainy quite a lot of the time. There really isn't much point in washing a dirty car, as it seems to rain part of every day or every other day. There is something called "the sun" up there, but we rarely see it until summer really hits, and then it gets hot overnight. Even with all that, my favorite seasons are summer and fall. At least it is nice enough to be outside and active.

Hang in there everyone. At least we don't have to shovel it. . .

Another very pleasing number on the scales this morning! Will save it for Monday's thread-starter. Meanwhile, Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! DW (Dear Wife) and I will be going in search of an eatery providing quality corned beef and the fixins.

Cheers!

Superbob in green (if I can find anything green in my closet! -- red and blue being SB's usual colors of choice)....

My employer participates in Active for Life (American Cancer Society), and I registered today to participate in the Spring 2016 event. I've done this twice before since joining the company, and this time I feel it's imperitive that I take up the challenge to keep up the work I did with cardiac rehab (which ended last week). I'm taking a baby step of committing to 20 minutes of exercise 5 days/week, which will actually be the 30+ minutes that I treadmill on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I get up at 4 a.m. M-Th and work a 10-hour day with a 2-hour RT commute. By the time I arrive home I want nothing more to do than chill for a couple of hours then head to bed, so I won't be exercising on work days. I'm looking into joining a bowling league because that's something I've enjoyed in the past, but I'd rather do that with a friend, and I'm not sure I'll find anyone to join me. Everyone else has a life and things to do. If I can stick to the 30 minutes F-Sun I'll be satisfied.

Hey, ya'll. I am winding down from a very stressful couple of months. My mother in law passed away this past Sunday and we had her memorial service on Wed. She was one of the greatest generation and had a life span that many of us will not see - 93 years, 7 months, and 17 days.

I have exercised here and there, but not very consistently because I have basically spent the past two months going to work, then hospital/rehab/hospice. We sort of put our lives on hold because we didn't want Mom to feel we'd abandoned her. So I have no idea what I weigh right now but I know it's more than I want. On that note, it looks like it's going to be a lovely day so I think I'll put on my walking shoes☀️

Latest posts

Back