Staying the Course -- 02-08-2016

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Whew, second Monday of each month is exceedingly busy -- we have our monthly Mended Hearts meeting, then it seems like errands have to be run fast and furiously.

So I am late starting a new week.

Hope all are well. We enjoyed Super Bowl Sunday, chili and a lot of things I try not to eat --- like potato chips and cake. But oh well, occasional splurges are okay, right? I enjoy great defensive football (having played some defensive line myself way back in the day), and Denver sure had it.

May wait a few days before weighing again - give Ellie time to work off my Super Bowl excesses. We did two good walks today -- unusually warm today but cold fronts will dominate next week to 10 days. Highs in 30s and 40s (I know that sounds toasty to some of you.)

Hope all's going well -- look forward to hearing from y'all. I will try to write some more later.

Cheers,

Superbob

Keepin' busy, Superbob! Good for you. Me too. Had a doc appointment yesterday for a minor non-cardiac issue that we're treating with meds. Today we're getting flurries and expecting it to continue all day. I managed to reverse the weight bounce and I'm back at 181, just 1 pound over my ultimate goal of <180. Doing a couple of daily walks with our puppy Katie. She is doing real well at 6 months. Just about fully house and paper trained. Getting geared up for a vacation trip that is scheduled for early March. Have a great week everyone.

Jim

I also splurged on Super Bowl Sunday, but the scales haven't registered my indulgences . . . yet! We're headed out of town later in the week for the long holiday weekend. Valentine's Day will be spent baby sitting grandson Matthew and our latest grand puppy. Two new puppies in two months keeps us all hopping! I hope everyone has a great week.😊

Sounds like there is a lot of puppy happiness goin' around -- good to hear, Jim and Duffey. My Ellie Mae is making clear she likes two good walks a day. I've lost at least 7 pounds so far -- had a little Super Bowl bump in the road but recovering from that. Elle's a great personal trainer.

Today I turn 11 years old! Yes, it is what I call my re-birthday. Two days before Valentine's Day 2005, I walked into Inova Fairfax hospital in DC area before dawn having some idea what lay ahead for me. Strangely, wasn't nervous then -- had a sense of calm by then. Had wonderful surgeon, Dr. Alan Speir, and I am still ticking. Very grateful for all the grandchildren, family, sports, dawgwalks, seafood, and everything I have been able to enjoy for past 11 years of my new life. Very much blessed. And of course blessed with wonderful friends and kindred spirits here....

Latest posts

Back