Starting the process

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blanche, yes, I also have been controlling my dosing all year, but this home monitor is the icing on the cake; being the control freak that I am:)

Wayne, thanks, I know you understand my thrill.

Dennis, I made sure that hubby learned the machine with me....he is technical and loves gadgets but not needles. He is happy too.

Ross, I think "pricking myself" used to be alot more fun.....:D

Lance, I had mentioned it to my doc a couple of times over the last few months...and I had promised to do my research and update him. I showed him the brochures, reminded him that I have the best support on VR, and he signed the form. He may send me to the lab periodically, we'll see.
I also find that if I stand up and keep my hand low, the blood will flow.
Otherwise hubby will whack me with a hammer :D

I just realized that my coaguchek is made in Germany.....
Das ist wunderbar, ich bin sehr froh.
Bina

Now, just remember to press M

Now, just remember to press M

Brina,

The spiral notebook that come with my XS omitted to prompt "press M" to confirm the strip lot number with the chip..............

and the lot number hasn't changed since last October. Either they have huge amounts of the same lot number or they aren't selling very many strips.

Happy sticking. Oh, by the way, I do a veinous draw every six months whether I need it or not.

Lance, I got a quick reference booklet as well as a thick manual....everything in 4 languages.

I have lot number 78 on the box of 6 strips. We'll see what is on my box of 20 when I get it.

Are the lancet needles sold separately? I think I have about 20.

The pharmacist pointed out that I am the 5th owner of a machine from him.
He has sold the others to Ottawa, Brockville, Cornwall, and a nursing home.

lancettes and ................

lancettes and ................

My lancettes come in a box of 50 labelled "Coaguchek Softclix Lancets and are single-use yellow plastic. I'm not sure of the gauge--they're the largest gauge available.

Two years ago I was the 10th successful trainee with 1 failure. Not many for a city the size of Toronto and now 5 more down your way. Word is getting out and that's a good for everyone on ACT. I'm glad pharmacists have agreed to participate although when I spoke to our local pharmacy they didn't seem to be interested.

Soon you will wonder how you ever had the patience to attend a clinic when it's so much more convenient to do it yourself at home.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back