Sooo tired. Depressed? Stenosis? A little of both?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Florida so I know all about the humidity. I would just try something in the SSRI family, they are the least problematic, each one is a little different so if zoloft wasn't great for you there are many others paxil, prozac, etc. My sister in-law has been stuck on effexor for years, she doesn't need it anymore and it is very expensive without insurance but she just can't get herself off of them. I don't know how long you have been taking them but if it hasn't been long I'd talk to someone really soon about withdrawaling before you have your surgery, many of us heart patients have hearts that are sensitive after surgery and any little thing can cause palpatations and effexor can cause palpatations. So talk to your doctor and if you try something else call your cardiologist and perhaps even your surgeon to make sure this isn't going to cause problems after surgery.

Also if you are on any meds for your heart, some can cause excessive sleeping. When I was diagnosed a year ago with my leaking valve I was put on coreg (a beta blocker) and lasix, I slept probably 13 hours per day, I'd sleep 10 at night and take little naps through out the day.

Oh HELLO!!! Getting out of bed... The LUXURY!! !! I'm soooo tired. Depressed I guess scared too. My surgery is April 19 and I don't know how am I going to get the energy to get down there. Maybe on my back in the back seat of a friend's car. So you are not alone on this.
.It's 130 mi away. Maybe I should up MY antidepressant, that might be it.

Michellemar
Hun, never change any of your meds yourself, without speaking to your MD first, please........it can be dangerous. Meds are given at a certain dose for a reason....and antidepressants take weeks to work in your body, to get them to a therapeutic level.... but they can be deadly, when not taken as ordered. Call your Doctor tomorrow, tell him how your feeling, discuss these issues with him. I understand how hard it can be at times, life isn't always easy, and we have to deal with an added bump in ours, not everyone has to. Life isn't always fair...... but we need to hold on, surgery is just around the corner. Then you, I and others here....will feel so much better. I have been very exhausted too, chest pains, dizzy ( black outs), unable to focus at times, n/v and yes, some days I just want to stay in bed too.......but have had to push myself to do things to the best of my ability, as I have a responsibility to my youngest child.
I was given a great GIFT in this life..... a child who survived cancer 3 times, who is my true Hero....if she and other cancer survivors, I watched over the years, can go through what they have had to so bravely.....it reminds me daily, I really have nothing to complain about. Fear is natural....we are all human, afraid of the unknown.
My daughter's saying was always from day 1, at the age of 8............Tough Times Don't Last.......TOUGH PEOPLE DO !!!!! You and I are tough.........everyone here is tough, because we all have refused to give up on life, we are fighting for it. So if at the end of the day...we seem exhausted.....we have a right to be, but we always know, tomorrow brings another day, and with it... the promise of better things yet to come.
My daughter's name is Michelle as well, so maybe, I feel an added urge to hug you tight....please message me any time your down or just need to have a hug........I promise to be here for you. If you ever need a friend to just talk to...I am willing to give you my cell number... we are both California girls. ( Remember what the Beach Boys song says " Wish they all could be California Girls" Lucky us, huh :)
May Angels watch over you....and light your way...
Renee

Last edited:
Renee, what alot of care you show...thank you. I don't know if you read my profiley thing, but I had Hodgkins when I was 22 and had the mantle radiation treatment 40 years ago. An answered prayer saved my life in '04, I had double hip replacement surgery and 6 wks later a blocked RCA was "accidentally" discovered and stented. Miracle! It's just Ive fought for so long, I get so tired of it!!!!! I get tired, and cranky. And I feel wierd that everybody seems to have support, from like family or something but people in MY gene pool dont recognize illness as one of the, say, ten reasons to oh I don't know, call and offer a ride to the hospital, stuff like that.!!!!!!!! Everybody's too busy. Plants thrive on benign neglect. Did I tell you we're great with plants?? Well, now I'm cheering myself up, I mean, we ARE good at SOMETHING as a family.!
And, actually, my ex-sister-in-law, is stepping up to the plate... With cheer, speaking of cheer. She's gonna be at the hospital, she knows well the hotel I want to stay at for post-op, she had a tea for her daughter (my niece)'s friend there, I crave all this family connection. It goes a LONG way, when there's just a little of it...I cherish it!!! I think I'm normally the caretaker...what a BLESSED thing she was so cheerful!
Renee, re my antidepressant... It is given to keep my arteries from vasoconstricting, and my cardio knows I'm good at +-10 mgs. of the zoloft. I stay RIGHT WITH my cardio and/or my ankylosing spondylitis arthritis Dr. We go back...all of us... Probably 17 yrs, my Arth dr since '88(?). They are across the st. from each other, very well know each other, so I
don't
mess with my meds without their approval. Thank you for your concern about that, that was excellent advise and I hope more people read...and LISTEN TO... what you wrote.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to vent. I really needed that! More than I thought !!!! It's okay to say life can
really suck, then it's ...breezes, the smell of the earth warming up, and a darned good book! Bless you for your
kindness, and for every angel that came my way because of you, bring you back armfuls of blessings.

Saw you joined in Feb..... Big, singing hug from here. Post when you can. Michelle

Darn I want Rena to update!! I guess that makes me a little anxious, too.

Back