SoftClix not working?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Hello,

I just got a CoaguChex XS and I am trying to sort it out.

My SoftClix is not working as it should. I load it correctly, but the needle will not come out of of it far enough, no matter what setting I use, to break the skin.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Rocky

My wife cannot get enough blood with the SoftClix even if it breaks the skin. Her solution was to use the auto-Lancet which came with her prior meter, the InRatio.

Hi

I just got a CoaguChex XS and I am trying to sort it out.

great ... its worth struggling through the few issues...

My SoftClix is not working as it should. I load it correctly,

Ideas?

Yes, use the lance that came with the coaguchek. The softclix is designed to obtain the amount of blood needed for diabetic sugar testing machines. The XS (and indeed all INR meters) needs a bigger sample.

have a read of this thread
http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?42017-CoaguChek-XS-Errors

First of all turn, if you haven't already done so, turn the dial at the needle end of SoftcClix to 5 the highest (deepest jab) and use 21 gauge lancets. Are you rotating the area that is removed to insert the lancet to "load" it?
Being diabetic and testing for glucose the lancets are much smaller and testing requires a fraction of the blood required for INR. INR requires 10 umols, not so for glucose.
Warm hands help too.
With a little practice you'll do just fine.
By the way are you seeing any blood after the stick?

Briefly (and I have pointed this out in another thread) - SOFTCLIX is for Blood Glucose Testing. It is not designed to get an adequate drop for INR testing. You need a 21 gauge lancet (I have a lot, if you need some), or a lancing device that is designed for INR testing. I use the Unistik 3 Extra. Even though these are about a quarter apiece, it's still a lot less than the cost of the strips that you will waste if you try to use SoftClix.

Well,
MY Coaguchek XS came from the manufacturer with Softclix clearly visible on the testing device. XS also came with a supply of 21gauge lancets (yellow) plastic.
I also test for diabetes--tiny little lancet not anything like the 21 gauge lancet for INR testing.
Why are you so convinced Softclix is not used for INR testing?

As far as I know, the name SoftClix was applied to the lancets, and not to the lancing device. The SoftClix lancets were 30 gauge and 33 gauge -- much too small to get an adequate drop of blood. If the lancing DEVICE is also called SoftClix, and you can get it to work with 21 gauge lancets and can establish a deep enough setting for an adequate incision, then you should be able to perform successful testing.

IF your lancing device and lancets meet these requirements, perhaps my comments about SoftClix are outdated or just plain incorrect. What matters are the pre-incision preparation, the size of the lancet, the depth of the setting, and the pressure between lancing device and finger. If all these are good, you should be just fine.

Well,
MY Coaguchek XS came from the manufacturer with Softclix clearly visible on the testing device. XS also came with a supply of 21gauge lancets (yellow) plastic.
I also test for diabetes--tiny little lancet not anything like the 21 gauge lancet for INR testing.

Here is the coagcheck site that shows the softclix and order info and probably the picture https://shop.coaguchek.com/buy/softclix-lancets

Last edited:
Well,

Bingo. You are correct ! :)

Back