snow skiing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would absolutely, positively, definitely not recommend this. Even if the skier in question was excellent and did everything possible to protect the sternum from injury on the slopes, there is the strong probability some other idiot will ski out of control and collide with the post op'er. Fall skiing will be here soon enough. Hope nuff said.

I meant to have gone by now, but the snow is melting and I still haven't been. I am nearly 4 mos post op.

I think the main reason I have avoided skiing is due to my balance issues from my stroke, and my sternum and rib problem. Although there is still plenty of snow in NH I think it would be smart of me to wait until next season. Besides, I still get so short of breath so easily I would be exhausted just putting on my boots and skis that by the time I would make it to the lift (which always means walking up sidewards on an incline) I would need a break.

I also would be curious to know how soon after surgery anyone has gone skiing.

Latest posts

Back