Sherry...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to follow up after my husband's appt. with his surgeon yesterday. The pathologist's report on the tumor was inconclusive, and the tumor was sent to Mayo for further testing. The surgeon told him that if by chance it were intestinal cancer, that the removal of the tumor is the standard treatment - no chemo or radiation. He did mention that the tumor was encapsulated, which is a good sign, but he also said that it could definitely reoccur. He also told him that the incidence of intestinal tumor is extremely rare with aprox. 200 cases in the US per year, to which my husband quickly replied, "I'm sick of rare!" (The aplastic anemia he had 13 years ago is also a rare bone marrow disorder.)

But...with all that said, my husband is a trooper and has the best attitude about the whole thing. His standard reply is, "I'm just glad the d**ned thing is out of me.

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughtful messages.

Thanks for the update Sherry. You have our prayers and best wishes for this to be the last of it. Give our regards to Stacey. You two take care.

Wise & Cindy

Sherry,

Thoughts/prayers continuing, of course....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...on nephew watch
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate" ... Bee Gees ... 'Alone'

Latest posts

Back