Robin's Surgery has completed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowergirl

Hi all, my wife's surgery has completed. Robin was scheduled for 7am, we arrived at 5:30am, we were then told that her surgery was going to be delayed for several hours due to 2 transplant emergency's.

Fortunately they were able to get her in at 9am and were operating at 10am. Surgery lasted until about 2pm. The doctor said all went well, he replaced her valve and replaced the ascending aorta. The aortic root was fine. He did say that her valve was deformed badly.

It's been about 3 hours since Robin has been out of surgery, they are allowing short visits. She is still not completely aware. She is able to respond if we ask her something, like move her toes or squeeze our hand. She will open her eyes once in a while. She still has her breathing tube, they said she's not breathing enough on her own. hopefully it will be out shortly.

Glad to hear everything went well, now she needs to take it easy and start enjoying her second chance at life, I sure am, it is great. Keep us posted.

So glad to see that Robin is on the other side & responding slowly. Hopefully they will be able to remove the breathing tube soon. That in itself, will be a BIG improvement!

Get some much needed rest now & may she continue to do well!

Good to hear that she's through it! I had to pull some overtime on the breathing tube, too, until I regained sufficient oxygen intake to be weaned from the tube. That's commonplace, don't worry. She should be off it soon. All best to you both!

Awesome news! The party on this side of the mountain is growing every day! I'm sure the breathing tube will be out soon. Great to hear everything went well. Keep us posted and tell her we all said hi once she's awake enough.

Glad Robin is doing well. My first surgery I remember my first though was being aware of a beeping sound and knowing it meant I needed to breath better so the beeping sound wouldn't go off again. Seems the nurse and my wife were yelling at me TO BREATH! lol..

Sooooo glad to hear that Robin made it through the surgery!!! I have been praying for her today. I pray tonight will be a good night for her and hopefully she's already off the breathing tube! Tell her we're all thinking of her and sending her ((((((hugs))))))

Yippee! I hope today you can report she's off the breathing tube and more aware. The first day or two is hard, and exhausting for everyone.

Thanks so much for the update, hubby. I hope you are getting some rest. I will continue positive thoughts for an uneventful recovery for Robin.

Back