Question on Adjusting Dose

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjune1961

I had to go to the coumadin clinic this morning for a ptr inr reading. My question is:08/07 & 08/14-3.0;08/21/08=2.3;09/03/08-2.1;09/09/08-3.2 reading. Range is 2.5-3.5. Prior dosing-S,M,T,T,F,S=7.5,W-10mg. Last week at 2.1 adjusted per doctor's nurse and confirmed by coumadin clinic nurse-S,T,T,S=7.5,M,W,& F=10mg. Today nurse told me to keep this dosage plan even with the 2.1 going to 3.2 today. Does this sound right to anyone? I feel that I should go back down a little somewhere. I do not have Al Lodwick's dosing guide book, but would like to get one if possible. Would appreciate feedback or opinions. And yes, I would rather be on the high side than the low side. But was wondering if this would take my reading any higher after a couple of weeks.

Carla.

To clarify:
on Aug 21st your INR was 2.3 and then you followed with 55 mg the next week.
on Sep 3rd your INR was 2.1 and then you followed with 60 mg the next week.
on Sep 9th your INR is 3.2 and they want you to continue with 60 mg.

Honestly, I would also try to leave things alone for this week and see where it goes.
Too much fiddling may just keep you swinging.
An INR of 3.2 is GOOD!

I agree with Bina and would leave the current dosing at 60mg for now. When you increased only 5mg/wk your INR moved from low 2's to low 3's. That is also in line with Als' dosing guide (+10%). See what happens over the next test or two. IMHO, an INR of 3.2 is good.

Latest posts

Back