Question about heart rate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nupur

I have been getting the usual flip-flop sensation in my chest from time to time, which I usually ignore, having been told that despite the MR my heart is doing well, but in the last couple of weeks, I am noticing more fatigue and some numbness and tingling in my left side (left shoulder, arm and back). I have been thinking this is due to the usual suspects ( stress, anxiety, too much typing ), but I have been checking my heart rate and BP more often, and I am noticing that my heart rate is kind of low. Normally, with activity like climbing stairs my heart rate would go up > 90 and then come down again, but now it seems to hover around 65 - 69 and yet I feel bad during that time. Is is ok to have a low heart rate? I have a family history of heart blocks on my Dad's side ( they all needed pacemakers by 60, but nobody in their early 40's), so I am wondering, am I at risk for heart block. The low heart rate + the numbness on the left side is worrying me a little, and that doesn't help. Should I bring this to the attention of my cardio now, or just wait and see?

TIA,

Nupur

p.s. btw, i have another question, whenever I feel weird sensations, I self medicate with 500mg of buffered aspirin, just in case I am about to have a heart attack or throw a clot. I seem to be doing this more and more often ( like a couple of times a week). Is this bad?

Last edited:
Although I do not know what is causing your problem, I am sure that your cardio would not be against your taking a baby aspirin daily (I take one of those enteric coated ones with a meal). I would call the cardio.

My heart rate can go as low as 58 at times, I plan on asking him this question on my yearly visit in September. I would rather have it low than high anytime, I want nothing to do with Afib and the meds ever again!!! I only had it once after my AVR but it was not a nice thing to have. Now I hate it when my BP drops to double digits sometimes!

Latest posts

Back