Problems After March 27th Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

I wouldlike to know from those of you on the forum just howlong after your Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery were you really able to start doing everything you were doing before or did you have complications so that you cannot recover as quickly as you want?
I am being called lazy no good for nothing, house messer upper, cannot put laundry away and I am on 3 liters of O2 24/7
I have all the physical therapy that I could handle which is not much.
I need my power chair in the home, but the idiot PY and OT that did a home visit said I could get around with a walker.
Truth is I am back to falling you name andi even on my O2 I still have problems doing every day chores.
I need info ASAP

Shari, a couple of things with your situation caught my attention.

First, I've read over your old posts and still don't really understand your medical issues. More importantly, I don't think you understand them. In my opinion, it is extremely important to understand exactly what your conditions are, what type of artificial valve you have and what your doctor thinks your next steps should be. If you have additional health problems unrelated to the valve, it doesn't really matter how long after surgery it takes others to do things. There's no basis for comparison.

Second, being called "good for nothing" is verbal abuse. Abuse is not at all conducive to recovery and good health. I've watched my mother's health deteriorate from being married to an emotionally abusive jackass and this subject hits too close to home for me to say anything that I think will even make a difference.

My advice:
- Talk to your Dr. and nurses and find out exactly what your medical problems are, learn about them on the internet, come back here and let us know. There are some very smart people here who can help you figure out how to best deal with your health once there is a better understanding of the problems. Knowledge is power.
- Don't allow yourself to be a victim of abuse or anything else. Learn to be a survivor. Often the only difference is how you react to what happens in your life.

Good luck to you. Someone should be along soon who can offer more insight and suggestions.

Shari,

We all heal differently.

In my personal case, I had no other health issues besides my surgery. After two months I was able to host 14 relatives for Thanksgiving dinner. Yet, after three months, I started feeling tired again (for no reason) and it took me four months to regain my energy again.

Latest posts

Back