Problem with my new "XS"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

I never thought I'd be making a post like this about my Coaguchek XS monitor.

Four attemps to check INR--four different strips--same result--not enough blood. The 120-second time limit was used up and the blood was pooled on the test area. Hopefully it's just a bad batch of strips. Technician successfully tested herself with a strip from the same batch number that I'm having a problem with. I'm afraid it's the monitor and it's only 4 months old.

They were all good sticks--lots of blood. The test areas were covered, the neck going up the strips was full and the little circle at the top of the neck was full.

I hope I don't have to go back to the S--I really prefer the XS.

Cheers

I'm becoming interested in this home testing routine; more so since my blood draw girl messed up the vein in my arm last week:mad:

Lance, what is the procedure to do this in Ontario?
And is any of the cost covered at a provincial level or on yearly tax returns?

Thanks for any info:)

Hi Lance

I had that happen to me yesterday - used 3 strips and the machine kept saying "error 5" even though there appeared to be plenty of blood on the strips. I was getting very frustrated, because each test strip wasted is $$ wasted :mad:
On the fourth attempt it worked, and I got a reading of 3.0 which is about where it should be, but when I test again next week if the machine starts saying error 5 again I'm going to ring the suppliers (Roche NZ) and complain.
I've only had my XS for a few weeks, and it was going well initially.
I read in another post somewhere where someone said that there has been problems with the XS test strips, do you know anything about that?

Bridgette

For what its worth (im only new to this game) i have only successfully tested myself twice since getting my XS.

The first time i got loads of error 5's and gave up.

The second time it worked.

The third time it failed once then worked.

I find it works when i touch the blood drop to the side rather than try to pool on the top D area...not sure if this will continue but touching to the side works for me at the moment.

I´ve used my xs for almost 9 months and must have done 40-50
tests, it has worked very well and I think the cuvetted almost suck
in the blood compared to the S model.

/
Martin

Bina said:
I'm becoming interested in this home testing routine; more so since my blood draw girl messed up the vein in my arm last week:mad:

Lance, what is the procedure to do this in Ontario?
And is any of the cost covered at a provincial level or on yearly tax returns?

Thanks for any info:)

Hello Bina,

Two years ago when I bought my "S" a doctor's prescription was required. I'm not sure if that is still necessary. New legislation allows pharmacists to sell the XS, train new users.

I assumed the cost of the S and the XS that replaced it--costs are tax deductible.

Valve-Viking said:
I´ve used my xs for almost 9 months and must have done 40-50
tests, it has worked very well and I think the cuvetted almost suck
in the blood compared to the S model.

/
Martin

My XS has been great until last Monday and it was rare for me to get the 5 error. I agree the blood gets sucked up immediately it is applied to the side of the strip.

Problem with strips

Problem with strips

Bridgette said:
Hi Lance

I had that happen to me yesterday - used 3 strips and the machine kept saying "error 5" even though there appeared to be plenty of blood on the strips. I was getting very frustrated, because each test strip wasted is $$ wasted :mad:
On the fourth attempt it worked, and I got a reading of 3.0 which is about where it should be, but when I test again next week if the machine starts saying error 5 again I'm going to ring the suppliers (Roche NZ) and complain.
I've only had my XS for a few weeks, and it was going well initially.
I read in another post somewhere where someone said that there has been problems with the XS test strips, do you know anything about that?

Bridgette

Hi Bridgette,

As far as I know the "problem" involved the "S" strips in the US. The "S" strips are fine and available in Canada. As far as I know the "S" was never approved for home testers in the US.

When I turned the strips over blood was visible into the testing chamber too.

Latest posts

Back