Probably my last post

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is fallible and imperfect ? I hope you find your Utopia ? I have not found mine ? best wishes in your search???
Cooker-UTOPIA??, Cooker....the first place that you need to find
is a hair stylist(or groomer:D). Utopian societies can come later.

Cityguy - I ditto exactly what Aaron and Mary say. Also we had our
surgeries around the same time and that makes us comrades, I realize
this is no strong sway,but we do need different types of people here,
it is what makes this place more like a family and not just a reference
site.
Dina:)

Hi Scott ~ I ditto what the others have said...please don't go! While nobody knows much about the transcatheter valves, you all (including yourself) have been there to encourage me and just to listen to me vent. It really helps more than you will ever know, since i have no family and no friends who really want to hear my fears (they just say it is no big deal and i'll be fine soon). The thing is, everything might not be fine since my valve is very critical now and everyone is just twiddling their thumbs since the doctors at Cleveland Clinic are booked up due to being on vacations. So please stay here to continue encouraging me (and the many others who need it)!! Thank you very much!

I belong to another self-help group where one of the tenets regarding discussion is "take what you need and leave the rest". I have had to apply that to a number of issues since joining this forum. Without question, some of the stuff I've seen posted I do not agree with or may be downright incorrect.
However, the amount of good info posted far outweighs the misinformation.

Remember, some of what you read here is "opinion"....and like A__h___s, everybody has one.

Cooker-UTOPIA??, Cooker....the first place that you need to find
is a hair stylist(or groomer:D). Utopian societies can come later.

Cityguy - I ditto exactly what Aaron and Mary say. Also we had our
surgeries around the same time and that makes us comrades, I realize
this is no strong sway,but we do need different types of people here,
it is what makes this place more like a family and not just a reference
site.
Dina:)

What the heck are you talking about? ... I just had it styled:confused::confused::confused:

Personally I like giving back to this site, its a commitment I made to myself after my surgery. The support and feedback I had was nothing short of a life saver. And I know based on private messages that I have helped at least one or two folks along the way.

I personally dont have an issue with any topic (short of something that perpetrates violence or hate) to be out of bounds. I've heard about the infamous "pot" thread but never had a chance to read it because it can no longer be accessed. A suggestion was made some time back to have a section for non-heart related discussions/threads. I think it was again Bonzo who started a topic and it generated a bunch of hootin and hollerin. When the suggestion of a place for these topics be created (I concurred) it was shot down saying that the forum is only for Valve topics. Ok...Im cool with that but then apply it fairly.

Odds are I won't leave, thats me getting fired up. I want to help those who are in the shoes I was in 7 months ago prior to my surgery. Thats what this forum is all about and I get satisfaction in knowing Im offering my insite to those that need it most. But if your going to squelch non-related topics then to be fair you should apply it to all. Thats my two cents.

I like the part .........(ODDS ARE I WON"T LEAVE) (Quote)

We need everyone to support everyone here on heart issues and your needed here as well as everyone else.
I just in midst of my youngest son moving on friday due to job changes
and it's stressful to see him go away from same town farther away yet!!!
Now not seeing your avatuar.........Glad your staying:)

zipper2 (DEB)

Scott,
I have experienced some of the same things.
But I still like to help people if I can and hopefully have done so since my surgery over twelve years ago.
For me it started on another forum back then. Next was our little e-mail group and then Hank started this forum.
I don't post as often as I used to due to some of what you described.
I'm not here to argue with anyone, but rather to help in anyway I can.
Please stick around and just ignore some of the nonsense.
I made a rule not to get involved in any of that stuff anymore.
Rich

Odds are I won't leave, thats me getting fired up. I want to help those who are in the shoes I was in 7 months ago prior to my surgery. Thats what this forum is all about and I get satisfaction in knowing Im offering my insite to those that need it most. But if your going to squelch non-related topics then to be fair you should apply it to all. Thats my two cents.

I, for one, am very glad to hear that YOU WILL NOT BE LEAVING the forum. You've always been very supportive to me and many others on this site & your input is invaluable in many ways. That also goes for Bonzo, Gina & all the other wonderful folks here!

We may not always agree on everything & that's fine but in the end we all share one common battle here & that's the battle to live with or overcome our heart ailments. We're here to cheer each other on even when the light at the end of the tunnel may appear very dim for some of us.

Peace! :)

I joined VR back when it was a wee site - in 2000. There have been any number of these threads; most of them zapped but some have done damage. That's why we have Ross watching the neighborhood. When this sort of thing begins, his email box fills up. Then he does a wonderful job of sweeping the halls. Thanks, Ross. I know it's hard.

Scott, every member is needed here, including you. You are a very important part of VR. I always enjoy your posts, even tho I might not respond. I don't respond as much as I used to but I certainly read nearly all and respond if I can. I can respond wholeheartedly to this one and am glad you elect to stay home with us. Blessins.........

Sadly human nature is too attack and say things to the ones we love because we know they will always be there. Even though this is not a blood related family we are a heart related family and when we become comfortable in the family group sometimes thing are said without thinking and we unintentionally hurt others. We all have opinions and ideas that will vary slightly or greatly from one another that's what makes life interesting it would be a boring world (and forum site) if we all thought the same

Mary.

I have to serve all of you and ask only that you keep that in mind when posting. If I'm closing it, there is a reason, if I delete it, there is a reason. One need only to look through the thread to see the reason for it's closing.

Ross,

You do an amazing job keeping on top of all the information that goes through this site. Thanks for doing your best to keep us all civil. :)

Sherri

and the camaraderie we share peacefully

I'm the new guy and I think I somehow missed the whole story here. :( I'm quoting WayneGM because like Groucho Marx on "You bet your life", he said the magic word (camaraderie). ;)

We all share a common adversity and that is what bonds people (us) together to form that camaraderie. (We) should well know that life can be cut all too short to allow disagreements (especially trivial ones unrelated to VR) to overshadow the whole picture and that is helping others in the same shoes with our own experiences, collective knowledge and a kind word of support.

Scott, I too would like to urge you to stay. I have become a big "Bonzo" fan. One of the things I like about him, is that he knows when he's stirring the pot, and he is strong enough to take others reactions in stride. I do think we (most people) are far too prone to react, rather than respond, to different opinions. I am as guilty as anyone of that. I'm trying hard to change. Your presence here is immensely valuable. Your valve brother, Brian

Latest posts

Back