Pre-lit Christmas Trees

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

Anyone else have trouble with sections of burned-out lites on pre-lit trees? For over 40 yrs we avoided getting an artificial tree then finally sprung for a beautiful, full, downswept Frazier Fir. We've had whole sections unlit since the 2nd season and finally supplemented with a separate string of lights.

Today while taking it apart to store (it's in 3 sections) Jerry decided to get to the bottom of the problem. Of course the paperwork that came with it is missing but as I recall it only showed how to assemble the tree and there weren't any troubleshooting tips.

He has unwound one of the unlit sections and found where it starts--just beyond a light with an ever-so-slightly wider socket. We have no idea what this means but he's now in the process of removing every bulb in the offending section to see what he can find.

Joy. If it were up to me I'd just keep adding more strings to cover up the bare places as they happen.

We have been using the same one (three sections also) for three years with no trouble ?. When this on goes phooey I?m going back the real McCoy ?. I miss the pine sent and vacuuming up the needles:rolleyes:

My SIL is in a business which suppllies pre-lit Christmas trees to retailers. He says that this is a problem with them, that sections tend to burn out. I also helped my other daughter put hers up, and she had the same problem. She did put extra lights around it to cover up the bare spot, and on some of the other bare spots, she had to search for an unconnected coupling.

Update

Update

He did get one section working by removing every bulb in the offending area, finally finding one that wasn't connecting. Now he's on to the next area.

Latest posts

Back