Porcine talk vs. Canine loss

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Susan BAV

Compared to OHS, and in the scheme of life in general, this really is small talk.

But my husband just found our dog out on the road dead. Hit by a vehicle.

I am so incredibly sad. He brought her home to me as a puppy about a month before my valve replacement. She was the most cheerful and friendly dog, so sweet, and such a pretty dog. She was a really good watchdog too.

Her name was Daisy.

Our old dog, Clover, is already bewildered and lost without her friend. I'm just bawling my eyes out.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Right now I am the owner of four great scottish terriers, and have owned many dogs over the years. Each one was special, each was missed when they passed. I hope, no I know, I will see each of them again:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this....and it's not small at all, the loss of a beloved pet is huge and it hurts.
Cling tightly to Clover, she needs you by her side, to comfort and reassure her.
Rainbow Bridge does exist, and you will see your darling Daisy again.

i am so sorry,susan. and thanks for posting the " rainbow bridge", tom f. ! pets become parts of our family. having lost dogs and cats over the years,i totally understand. gentle gugs,trish

being a dog person in every sense of the word my heart really goes out to you. We lost a Golden a few years ago to cancer and then a year later we lost our Great Pyrannees also to cancer. Losing a pet is hard enough but to lose one so suddenly is just miserable. I feel for ya.

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough to lose them when they are old, (and they are old too soon anyway) but to lose a youngster suddenly is soooo difficult.
Hug Clover for us. She'll really be missing her buddy.

Oh, that's awful! This is Big talk, indeed. Pets are very important.

AngelGrieving300px.jpg

I'm so sorry Susan. Pets are as important to us as each other. What further disturbs me is the people that hit them and keep going, not having the balls to come and tell you what happened. I lost Puffy that way on New Years day 2004. :(

So sorry for your loss. Pets are, in every sense, a part of the family and are so sweet and loving. It just breaks your heart when they have to leave us. You were a wonderful mom to Daisy, and I am sure you have many lovely memories of her.

I am so sorry to hear about your dog Susan.

And I agree with Ross, it's terrible when the people that run over somebody's pet don't even stop :(:mad:

I'm sorry to read this Susan, I agree with Ross, people who have no feelings to atleast stop and take the animal to the vet, (cat or dog) are cruel. My mom always says if you don't like animals, there's something wrong with you.

My dog Daisey was special to me. I registered her on the Rainbow Bridge site. If you'd like, you can do this also.

http://petloss.com/

This link has the music to go with the Rainbow Bridge poem, I downloaded to my pc and still listen to it once in a while. Makes you tear up.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Here's a pic of Daisey, I took this the night before I had to put her down, not knowing how sick she was and that it would be the last picture, she was 10 1/2. :(

View attachment 6076

Susan,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dog Daisy. I can sympathize with you and your husband.

Tom - Thank you for sharing Rainbow Bridge with us. I had wet eyes the entire time I was reading it.

Louise - I had no idea the petloss web site existed. Thanks for refering to it.

Our 13 or 14 year old dog, (Pongo) Sealyham mix is in CHF. She is on medication but the vet said her heart is extremely enlarged. No telling how much longer she will be around. Although I know it will eventually happen when she must leave us, it does not make it easier to accept. Everyone in our family will tell you I am her favorite.

Karl

I needed to come out of lurkdom for this topic. Susan, I'm so sad to hear about your Daisy. Losing a beloved pet has got to be one of the hardest things for us pet lovers to have to go through. The last dog I lost was only 2 years old when she collapsed in the yard, I cried every night for 6 months. (yes, i have a husband and family!)
Louise, thank you for the link to the pet loss website, I had no idea it existed. My current dog I am especially close to and she is now 10 years old. My wishes are that, if she passes before I do, I will have her cremated and her remains will be buried with me when I pass on.

Back