Perspectives ... child vs. adult

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

When I was a kid, the Christmas Eve service lasted at LEAST 3 hours.

Today, that same service takes about a half hour.

When I was a kid, the trip from Elgin IL to Batavia IL to visit my grandparents took at LEAST 2 hours.

Today, that same drive takes about 45 minutes.

When I was a kid, Mom and Dad's 1976 Monte Carlo was absolutely HUGE ... like a cruise ship.

Today, my '76 Monte Carlo is a heck of a lot smaller than that, though some might still call it a boat....

When I was a kid, the stairs leading up to the front door of a relative's home in western PA had at least 25 steps.

Today, that same staircase has only 5 steps.

What perspectives do you have from your experiences?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...MidW Blast = 01/17/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"The children want to know why we hung the mistletoe" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'It's Christmas'

When I was a kid my parents (in their 30s) seemed so old!

Now that I'm in my 50s, my 30 year old nephew seems so young!
And my 26 and 24 year old sons seem younger. (I think of them as kids)

My 17 year old daughter tells me about her teachers whom she describes as "old" and I'm suprised, when I meet them, that they are in their thirties!

When I was a kid I thought 70 was ancient, now, two years to go I don't think it is old, I'm still young .............right??????????:D:D:D

When I was young we would go to the farm every other weekend.
I remember the farm house being so tall and the upstairs hallway being sooo long.
When the old farm house (built in 1918) was sold and moved to other town, we took one last tour of the house. That hallway seemed soo short and the bedrooms looked smaller.

Yep, I can relate

Such a change even seasons are shorter

Such a change even seasons are shorter

Wow i can remember summer never ending it lasted forever during school vacations,now my grandaughter gets vacations bang....for me it's over too fast.

When i was a kid wow bravo to my parents i mean it makes me think what we never had xboxes or 150 channels no cable or cell phone or vr omg how we survived i don't know:confused:

we ate cupcakes,homemade bread,real homemade butter,even sugar in our kool-aide we werent chubby,why?? we always played hard.(outside)

no locks on our doors,no one could find us all day and we were okay hey?

I always try and instill what my parents went through raising kids compared to my kids raising theirs today and all the changes.We rode bikes with baseball caps not helmits,we rode in cars without carseats or seatbelts for that matter:eek: i remember riding in back of my dads pick-up wow what a treat that was.I recall my farmhouse being sooooooo big,till i grew up and went back to see the mud of the walls caving in and thought oh my how small it was REALLY.

Oh wow brought back some memories for myself i mean i'm only 47
and boy it makes me kinda feel like running through the house with scissors:eek:
All in all everythings changed sooooooooo much but yet we were taught by each of our parents then and now with stuff we didn't have ,that my grandaughter has today the sucess and responsibility and we all learned to deal with it as different children with different parents in different times.

Wow i'm gonna get me those scissors now :D

zipper2 (DEB)

Funny, my brother and I were discussing this Saturday. When we were small, the driveway seemed to be a mile long and the bank along side it was steep as could be. Now, it's merely a short walk and 3 or 4 steps gets you over the so called steep bank.

When I was a kid, it seems like it took forever for me to be grownup. Now that I'm a mom, it seems like my almost grown kids were babies just yesterday.

My husband talks about the long trip to his grandma's house when he was young. Last time we were in Michigan, we measured it - 7 miles! Of course, with 7 kids and 2 chain smoking parents in an old station wagon, it probably seemed much longer!

Latest posts

Back