Percutaneous Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oaktree said:
One of the posts that got deleted from this thread a few days ago was an accusation that Karlynn and others who urge caution on this issue do so only because they (and by implication me, although I had not posted yet) already have a mechanical valve, so they want everyone else to do as they have. I probably didn't see everything that got deleted, but I saw that.

I didn't see those post and I'm so glad I didn't. I wrote the last post to this one before reading Oaktree's quoted post above. People can choose to believe whatever they will about me. Those who choose not to take me at my word are highly mistaken but there's not much I can do about that and their opinion, on anything, means nothing to me.

There are members here who I have philosophical disagreements with from time to time, and they with me, and we still respect what each has to say and we give each other's opinions weight and importance. It would be nice if we could give that same weight to all posts.

Oaktree said:
...Again, if I'm missing something, then post the link to a specific reference -- not a link to hundreds of references that leaves the work to someone else of trying to make your argument for you.
Hi Rachel - I looked up a link that someone else referenced that you said you wanted. So, if you meant me, my intention was not to "leave work to someone else to make an argument for me," nor was it any type of a "challenge." Someone else left a link with 1000+ articles but he, perhaps wisely, removed his post. Take care :) .

I posted the link to the articles, simply to point out a source of information, not to fling out a challenge, but then I removed the post when my post seemed to be raising temperature levels, which was not my intention. I still do not understand why this subject seems to cause such agitation since none of us knows what directions medical research may take. I still think Cooker's suggestion that we all go out for pizza is a good one, and maybe switching to decaf would be a good idea, too. In any event, I intend this to be my last post in this thread and in valve selection for that matter. I just wanted to clarify why I posted the link and then withdrew it.

Superbob,

I hope you will hang around. Cookers advice on pizza and yours on Krispy Kremes for therapy is some of the best wisdom I have seen. I will take both with a cup of decaf thank you.:)

Thanks to recent OHS (18 days ago) I am down 14 pounds.:D

cp172 said:
Thanks to recent OHS (18 days ago) I am down 14 pounds.:D

I doubt that Ladies' Home Journal will be publishing an article on this "newest weight-loss success program"!:D It worked for me to, but alas - 16 years later, it went the way of all weight-loss programs for me.

I think most of us know how to search for information on the internet. It was my thought when links were posted that listed many articles that these had direct information for the point that someone was trying to explain. When it was found that they were just general searches, I think that's where the confusion lay. (or layed, or lied - my English teacher mother could never get me to learn the correct use.:eek: :rolleyes: Does a dog lie down or does it lay down?)

Seriously folks, I think this thread has come to an end. It's one we can refer to in the future if needed, or someone can certainly post if something important is found in their research, but I don't want it to be used as just a place to argue. I can do that with my husband.

I'm not taking the bait on Krispie Kremes and pizza.:mad: I'm really trying to be good. The creme brulee didn't do any damage, but I'm not doing the walking I did a week ago on my trip.

Although it is not my intention to do so I am sure this will make some people mad?.something I do not think that I have done since the pot thread?I joined Vr.com in 2005 looking for information and support and I received both?.In my three years here I have encountered one expert, Al Lodwick. ?..VR.com seems to have an ever increasing number of self professed (implied) professionals on almost any subject that you can imagine involving the heart?..It seems that the endless supply of information on the internet has birthed cardiologist, thoracic surgeons?. add infinitum that have graduated from WWW University.

My fear is that some of our world wide web graduates can be so impressive that the newbie may use their information and suggestions instead of their ?real medical professionals??PCP?s Cardiologist and surgeons. There seems to also be an increasing occurrence of battling wits, a true waste of every members and visitors time, not to mention childish.

Maybe Ross should create a forum for such lofty banter?.Newbie?s come here worried, afraid and seeking help?..Some of the crappolla I have seen lately would cause anyone to run. Please lets remember that we are here to be helpful and supportive?..not to baffle with BS.

I do not intend to respond to this post, regardless?..If you feel you must rip me a new one, please, go ahead, my skin is thicker than you can imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back