Over a year with bionics and all is going well

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illinois Al

It was over a year ago, on an easy to remember date --- 08/08/08 --- that I had an Aortic Conduit replacement and one bypass. That was the date the 2008 Olympics started, but I certainly remember the date for a very different reason!

In the days and initial weeks after I had my surgery, the fact I had an artificial heart valve dominated my thoughts every single day. Somewhere in the last year, though, that changed and I now go for days and days without the thought even crossing my mind.

That's probably one reason I became inactive in the forum. I stumbled on the Valvereplacement group in Facebook this evening, and it reminded me of how much this forum helped me in those first weeks after my surgery. So let me take this opportunity to think all of the hard working folks who keep this forum running for all they do.

For any new members who are facing valve replacement surgery in the immediate future or who have just underwent such a procedure, let me assure you there is indeed "light at the end of the tunnel." Yes, there are changes --- the medications, the precautions, the regular INR tests --- but over all my quality of life is vastly improved today as compared to before the surgery.

So thank you everyone, and new members, hang in there!

Latest posts

Back