One year!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshPitt21710

I didn't make it on here on my one year anniversary, which was this past Friday, the 15th. Life got the best of me, been so busy with everything. I have been doing fantastic. Can't believe it's been a year since my surgery. I was talking with my fiance on Friday and we were talking about how fast everything seemed to go. Got out of my workout routine for a few months because I did have some other health issues, not related to my heart, come up and just didn't have the energy to go work out. But I am getting back into working out. The top part of my scar still hasn't gone down like the rest of my scar. It doesn't hurt when I touch it. I've had friends who are nurses tell me that it looks good. My cardio didn't say anything about it at my last appointment in Aug. So I'm guessing it's something that over time will go down? I've been using cocoa butter but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Other than that, I haven't had any issues. Just can't believe it's been a year since my life was thrown upside down.

I've attached a picture of my scar, if anyone has any advice or if they've had this problem.

Thanks,
Ashley :)

I had the same issue. Ultimately it will go down. I think it was 18 months or so for me.

And congrats!

Happy Anniversary Ashley! It's been a year for me too and mine looks similar. I would not let it bother you. It is funny I spent some time at the beach this past summer looking just for people that had the scar, but couldn't find anyone. Take care.

Mine was worse at year one, but at year 2 it has improved greatly. Just takes some time for some of us.

Mine is the opposite to yours, funky at the bottom. I used a thing called Scar FX which is a silicone strip that sticks to you, that made the lumpy bits go down. Worth a shot. Congrats on your first year, enjoy the second!!!

There is an injection used on lumpy scars that flatten them. Your GP might know. I had a couple of small scars on my back (certain parts of the body scar more than others). Worked like a charm. If you look at Ashley's photo, you'll notice the bit at the top is red. That's inflammation, which is why scars like that can get itchy.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I'm glad that I'm not alone with it being like this. I was starting to think that I did something wrong to cause it to look like this or that it would never go away.

Mine is the opposite to yours, funky at the bottom. I used a thing called Scar FX which is a silicone strip that sticks to you, that made the lumpy bits go down. Worth a shot. Congrats on your first year, enjoy the second!!!
Thanks! I'll have to look into that.

There is an injection used on lumpy scars that flatten them. Your GP might know. I had a couple of small scars on my back (certain parts of the body scar more than others). Worked like a charm. If you look at Ashley's photo, you'll notice the bit at the top is red. That's inflammation, which is why scars like that can get itchy.
It does get itchy from time to time. And this picture was taken after a shower plus I think the lighting might make it look a bit more red than it really it. It's not really that red in real life. Lol.

Happy Anniversary Ashley! It's been a year for me too and mine looks similar. I would not let it bother you. It is funny I spent some time at the beach this past summer looking just for people that had the scar, but couldn't find anyone. Take care.
I was also at the beach this past summer and couldn't help but look at everyone and just wonder. Lol. I even find myself doing that in day to day life. Congrats on your anniversary as well! :)

Thanks again! :)

Latest posts

Back