one year with tissue valve.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

70sdiver

Well 10 days over a year lol. I had the INSPIRIS RESILIA aortic valve placed on Aug. 18th last year. I feel great now! Just got back from a weekend on the Wa. coast fishing for king salmon and trapping crab. Recover was good I did have a few problems getting my blood pressure under control but I've lost 30 lbs and been tracking fine on the blood pressure. I contracted covid in the 3rd week of recovery but was only sick for 3 days. I hope I can post this again in 15 years!

Congratulations! I received my Inspiras Resilia 95 days ago and no problems yet-LOL!!
Please keep us updated. I believe there are few biovalvers on this forum so it's nice to read about some significant successful years.

May I ask if you have observed any changes indicating stenosis or regurgitation?

Nice hearing about the King Salmon catch. I caught a 30 pounder about one year ago and it was beautiful fish. Now off the coast of CA we are restricted from salmon fishing at least throughout 2023. Not happy.

Congratulations! I received my Inspiras Resilia 95 days ago and no problems yet-LOL!!
Please keep us updated. I believe there are few biovalvers on this forum so it's nice to read about some significant successful years.

May I ask if you have observed any changes indicating stenosis or regurgitation?

Nice hearing about the King Salmon catch. I caught a 30 pounder about one year ago and it was beautiful fish. Now off the coast of CA we are restricted from salmon fishing at least throughout 2023. Not happy.
I just had my echo two weeks ago and everything looks great, my cardio said I would'nt need an echo for 5 years which i thought might be to long. I'm still set up on twice yearly exams tho.

my cardio said I would'nt need an echo for 5 years which i thought might be to long.
I would agree with you that 5 years is too long. Echos are just ultrasound and not expensive, so hopefully you will be able to get them more frequently. Annual might be a good idea, or at least every 2 years. Heck, we're supposed to bring our cars in to get things checked out about once per year, so 5 years seems a bit of a long wait to take a look "under the hood" and see how the heart and valves are doing.

I would agree with you that 5 years is too long. Echos are just ultrasound and not expensive, so hopefully you will be able to get them more frequently. Annual might be a good idea, or at least every 2 years. Heck, we're supposed to bring our cars in to get things checked out about once per year, so 5 years seems a bit of a long wait to take a look "under the hood" and see how the heart and valves are doing.
FWIW, my cardiologist said their guidance post-surgery is 3-5 years. I'd agree that 5 does feel too long, especially since it was an annual check pre-surgery. Hopefully it's just a reflection of the timescale and odds of the "new problems".

Back