One Year Anniversary on Aug 9

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat45750

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Life has been very good since my surgery to replace my aortic valve. I still have a-fib, but am on Multaq and warfrin. I have started home testing for my INR levels once a week and that is very convienent - once you learn to use the machine. I have only had several long a-fib sessions. I still have the hard and fast pounding of the heart which occurs occasionally usually at night when I go to bed or during an afternoon nap. I am now able to do anything I want and can even mow the whole lawn if needed.

It is nice to be back to a normal life of all kinds of activities. The only problem is my 67 year old body compains sometimes!

The aortic valve replacement is still always in the back of my mind since I still take meds and can get a-fib, but normally life is pretty normal. Unlike my hip resurfacing which I never think about and has become a part of my natural body, the valve replacement is still always just in the back of my mind. I am glad I had the minimally invasive surgery, but my scar is still reddish and still touchy in some spots. My skin is very sensitive.

So to all the new people who are facing an aortic valve replacement - life definitely gets much, much better. You can return to normal activities and hopefully, you won't end up with a-fib or reoccuring problems. The a-fib is not a big thing, but when I get it, I really take it easy because I don't want to face a possible storke.

I am very blessed to have had the surgery and have my life back again. Years ago, I would be sitting in my chair unable to do anything - but now we can get our new spare parts and keep on moving.

Good Luck to all.

Pat

Latest posts

Back