One month post op and short of breath

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron & Vitamins

Iron & Vitamins

Hey Rob:

I too have been using iron supplements and a multi-vitamin (One-a-Day...No vitamin K). The effect has been amazing. I have been using them for a week and I have noticed a dramiatic increase in my energy levels. A blood test I had prior to the start of the supplements confirmed that my red bood cells among others were low.

I read read the Centrum label and noticed that it contains vitamin K. I guess you have made the needed adjustments in your coumadin.

Thanks for the iron/vitamin info.:cool:

Greg T

I started with a pre-natal vitamin supplement the size of horse pills, found them hard to get down. Kept looking and found Centrum "50 plus". They are chewable plus seem to have the highest iron content other than the pre-natal variety. Vitamin K is not listed on the bottle and the pharmacist assured me they were ok. I have been having problems regulating my INR levels so I am going to run the use of these by my doctor next week.

HI I have been here a couple of times before, but have not checked in for a very long time.. I am just coming off of a medication called Sotonal....has anyone one here been on this? I have had the feeling of sucking on a straw when I breath in. I had a MVP repair done in 1996....Thank you .....:) Jenny

hi jenny!
is that sotolol you mean?
welcome to this site, it's a great place and the people here are just wonderful, warm, informative and caring.
you've come to the right place and i'm sure someone familiar with this will come forward.
joey took sotolol (betapace) for a few years to keep his afib at bay (it worked!) . why don't you ask your cardio or pharmacist if there are side effects (maybe mention to your cardio how you are feeling)? there are numerous other meds that can be substituted for it. please inquire.
please let us know what happens.
be well, sylvia

Last edited:
Hi Sylvia, First of all, thank you for the welcome....I did check with the doctor and now he wants me to take Diltiaz..ugh, I get so depressed when the swithch meds for my body is so sensitive to them. Has anyone here heard of the medication? I went to the emergency room last night for I was very short of breath for many hours..I was wheezing ect........Now they have to investigate what that is all about. It was not heart related...I guess I have to take a bunch of breathing tests....Like , Gilda Radner, said "It is always something!!!!!!!" Ugh , thank you for answering me.....:))))))))))))))) Jenny

Back