OMG! My dryer actually ate a sock!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least the sock monster that lives in our dryer reimburses us for the socks by leaving behind coins!

There is a very sensible green solution to this. ;)

Go retro, hand wash socks and then peg them out on a line to dry.

Save your socks and save the planet to boot.

Bonzo Dog, i can't see this method working either, as you have just posted a pic of the sock monster on the line :p ;)
We have the sock monster here too, been around for a long time. He's in my washer too:eek:

SuperBob, You can call a service person to come clean out your dryer and vent. If you've never done it, you won't believe all that comes out. When I was a little girl, half of our house burned down because of lint in the dryer hose catching on fire. Can you imagine 4 kids and 2 adults living in 2 hotel rooms for 4 months while they rebuilt our house? My sibilings and I thought it was great...I'm sure my parents thought it was hell on earth!

Kim
some yrs ago, my clothes would take a long time to dry and finally didn't get completely dry at all. I went outside and checked the outside outlet vent and it was nearly full at the exit. I pulled the cement like lint out and voila, clothes got dry in short shrift. Keep this one in mind because it's true. And you can do it yourself and save $$$$!

If you will follow the example set forth by your simian cousins and discard socks and underwear, your problem will be solved:D.....and you will know freedom like never before:cool::D

If you will follow the example set forth by your simian cousins and discard socks and underwear, your problem will be solved:D.....and you will know freedom like never before:cool::D

........... and maybe use a Ukulele when those off guard moments require decency???? :D:D

file.php

That's quite horrifying... :eek: Thank God he's not plucking it... or maybe he is :D

Apropos of socks that go walkies, I have the same problem with pens. They seem to grow legs and bugger off in the night. I suspect they go to the same place as socks, plasters (because I can never find one, regardless of how many I know I own) and keys.

Granted, socks tend to be the worst abscondees however. Show them a white appliance, they're off.

:D

I know I'm a little late chiming in here but when my kids were little I used to foil the sock monster by buying two or three pairs of the same sock for each child, that way the sock monster had to steal lots before I ended up with one odd sock

Mary

Apropos of socks that go walkies, I have the same problem with pens. They seem to grow legs and bugger off in the night. I suspect they go to the same place as socks, plasters (because I can never find one, regardless of how many I know I own) and keys.

Oh, you know where pens go, don't you? You know, when they disappear right before your eyes and reappear in the same spot a few hours later? That's when aliens are borrowing them.

You see, aliens don't really intend to steal anything. They just like to look at our stuff, and, like everyone, they always forget to bring pens in their purses. So they quickly borrow one and put it right back where they found it. Unfortunately, they aren't so good at calculating the time difference, so sometimes they put it back too late, especially during daylight savings time. And sometimes they get the time right, but put it back in the wrong location, so it looks like your pen has transported across the room.

Oh, you know where pens go, don't you? You know, when they disappear right before your eyes and reappear in the same spot a few hours later? That's when aliens are borrowing them.

You see, aliens don't really intend to steal anything. They just like to look at our stuff, and, like everyone, they always forget to bring pens in their purses. So they quickly borrow one and put it right back where they found it. Unfortunately, they aren't so good at calculating the time difference, so sometimes they put it back too late, especially during daylight savings time. And sometimes they get the time right, but put it back in the wrong location, so it looks like your pen has transported across the room.

This explains so much! I wonder if it's where my bottles of wine go too then? One minute there's a full one sitting in front of me, next thing - and it's not me - it's empty! :D

Back