Off topic but related

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john79t

Ross had posted the research about using adult stem cells to grow organs and heart valves. This is related and may be of interest to those like me that also have arthritis. Vets are taking stem cells from belly fat and curing athritis in dogs and horses. It works in 80% of the cases. Studies are being done with mice to lead up to humans. This one research I would let them do on me. I have a hip that needs replacing now and the other one going bad as well as other places. They are already doing this with humans in China and S. Korea. I read one article about a American artist that had it done in Korea and he was back to painting in 3 weeks and getting better each day. Hope it lives up to the hype. I know it is now standard pratice in Vet. Med.

Last edited:
From what I can see it is already being done successfully in other countries. I think my hip is to bad at this point for anything but replacement. However, my other hip and several other joints are going but still are not bone on bone. I would be willing to do this. Afetr I get through my heart surgery I may have to make a trip to a country that is already doing this.

Actually I have found the web site of a Dr, in CO doing this now. I will check it out more after I recover from the valve surgery. If you want to check it out PM me. I hesitate to give it out without more info. But if your want to do more research let me know.

Latest posts

Back