NZ Scientists invent new heart pump

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy I sure hope this works out. When Brian had his LVAD the wire coming out of his stomach was the biggest problem. It had to be cleaned with a sterile procedure every day and he couldn't get it (or the computer controller and batteries) wet. Imagine trying to take a shower that way!!! On the other hand, the LVAD allowed him to have full heart function and he had a lot more strength and energy with it. A wireless device with good battery technology would greatly lower the need for heart transplants.

comming soon

comming soon

the new zealand herald says the new "cordless heart pump" is probably 4/5 years away from regular use.

but an old school friend of mine with severe heart attack related left ventrical damage was told by north shore hospital about 6 months ago that he needed a heart pump but that they were holding off while waiting for a newer version.

perhaps he is a candidate for a trial on the new machine?

the herald, and sunday star times, are suggesting the new heart pump would end the need for most heart transplants

That would be wonderful! What a difference this would make in so many lives.
I have a (broken) spinal stimulator implanted (looks alot like a pacemaker) in my back for pain and that is kind of how that was powerred. There was a rechargable battery that I had to tape the lead on my skin right out side the battery unit and it was powered thru my skin. So the technology works, this is a great use for it.

Latest posts

Back