Not Sure What This is Going to Mean!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Yesterday, I went for my second round of pre-admission testing as the first time around had been longer than 4 weeks ago. So, as I am trying to stay calm and get mentally prepared for this Tues., out of the blue I receive a phone call from the pre-admissions clerk today.

She told me that I had to go back for another test tomorrow as it appears I may have a bladder infection. :( . In her words "they require that the tests show no bacteria before they can do surgery". Oh boy, I am not sure what that means, but I am thinking it could mean a round of antiobiotics for a week and another surgery delay! I am not sure when I will get the test results as tomorrow is Friday.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that everything will be a go on Tues. and that this test was just a false positive reading. I am not sure if I will be able to muster up the courage or emotional energy for a third surgery date!

Has anyone else had this experience or test result prior to surgery?

Oooo, I hope that your re-test tomorrow shows no infection & your surgery can go on as planned.

But, if there is a bladder infection, they will want to have that cleared up BEFORE proceeding with the surgery. They cannot operate & run the risk of infection.

We'll keep our fingers crossed ---- drink a lot of water tonight!!!!

Ok...will drink lots of water and stay on the pottie tonight if that is going to help. Unfortunately, I won't venture out to get the cranberry juice.

Thanks ladies!!!

Cranberry juice, cranberry juice, cranberry juice. And not the cranraspberry, crangrape, cranapple, or cranberry lite but the hard stuff. :D I've had prostate/bladder problems in the past and when I started drinking a couple of 12oz glasses of cranberry juice every day it really did help. I don't know if drinking it at this point will make enough of a difference but it couldn't hurt. Plus I love cranberry juice as I prefer the more tart fruits and juices. Plus the cranberry juice you can buy at the grocery store (like Ocean Spray) is loaded with Vitamin C. I think one 8oz glass gives you 100% of the recommended Vitamin C needed in your diet.

Here is what Ocean Spray says about cranberry juice and urinary tract health:

http://www.oceanspray.com/health/urinary_tract.aspx

Here is what they say about hearth health:

http://www.oceanspray.com/health/urinary_tract.aspx

Here is what they say about reducing bacteria in your mouth:

http://www.oceanspray.com/health/mouth.aspx

Prior to my OHS had been taking cranberry cap 1 in AM 1 in the evening.(I have a lazy Bladder), Had INR test today asked about cranberry caps she said I could take them.So did start them tonight. Oh yes INR was 2.3. So pleased,have to go back in a month.

Oh for goodness sakes girl,bad enough waiting,now waiting
Sending prayers and good thoughts ....Chin up it will all turn out
This is just testing your wait....;)abit (as you wait),been there done
differently than bladder reasons.It will all work out
Keep us posted

Im sorry to hear that.... I know your ready to get this behind you...hopefully, like you said...it may be a false neg. and you can go on with your surgery. Ill be thinking of you and saying alot of prayers....

So sorry to hear of added stress on you. Maybe request an Rx to help with the anxiety. The stress of these surgery waits is immense.

Hi everyone,

Just came back from the hospital to give another urine sample. The nurse said that these types of results happen all the time, and it may not be a urinary tract infection at all . So, here's hoping. :)

The only caveat is I am not going to know the results until Monday! Talking about bringing it right down to the wire. So, I think I am going to have to forge ahead as if Tues. a.m. surgery is happening and try and go back to living 'in the moment'. I do feel a little like I am now sitting on pins and needles.

Thank you so much for all the good thoughts, support and advice. I will go pick up 100% cranberry juice this weekend and gulp it down! That can be the chaser with my ativan!!

I also got a chuckle out of this one. They also decided to do a pregnancy test on me 'just in case'. Now, if I get a phone call on Monday stating that I am pregnant someone will definitely have to pick me up off the floor.

That would be a double whammy..lol... Try to relax, enjoy your weekend, and peeeeeeeeeee.lol...

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone! Bina, I will never tell what I've been up to.;):eek:

For some reason, I seem to be having a little bit of a sober or perhaps a better adjective would be melancholic moment. I know this is all very normal as you can all attest! I just find this business of not knowing until Mon. whether I am having surgery on Tues. a bit hard. I have never been the most patient person and this is trying it big time. What is the saying "God only gives you as much as you can handle".

Thanks for listening...just had to vent. I hope I get a good sleep tonight.

Latest posts

Back