Next Friday is THE day!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mama2Rylan

So my surgery is scheduled for Friday, August 19th. I am getting pretty nervous...I got my "tour" through the ICU and the "step-down" rooms...I think the worst part will be the ICU...having all those tubes and wires in me...YIKES! I am hoping that I will be out for most of that as well...I just can not wait for all of this to be over and I can get on with my life! Thanks to all of you that have answered all my questions...it really means alot to know I can come here and talk to "real" people who have been through all of this before :D

Got that big ol reality slap in the head huh? Try not to stress it. It'll be over before you know it. Start thinking about recovery and all the things you want to do. I'll put you on the calendar and hope someone will post updates on your behalf. ;)

You are going to find it's nice to just get it over with. The waiting can be the hardest part. I know you'll do just fine and you'll be in my prayers.

Best of luck and the speediest of recoveries to you. I have got my avr in a few weeks so i know what you are going through. I'll be thinking of you on Friday.

ICU for me was a breeze. I didn't realize I was in there until it was time to leave!
Try not to waste this week worrying about the surgery. The anticipation of surgery really is worse than the actual operation. You'll have a few rough weeks, but then you'll bounce right back. It's alot like having children; some rough patches, but they don't last and you're soon on your way to a new life.

Will be thinking of you on Friday and wishing you the best of recoveries. Please have someone post for you as you know how we worry!

My prayers will be with you on Friday. ICU is the best place to be after surgery. You get the best care. A one-to-one care that is very important after heart surgery. The nurses are wonderful! ! Like some else has said, the waiting is the hardest but you'll be over that mountain before you know it.

lots of us have you in our prayers, especially the day you travel up the mountain. When you get to the other side DON'T SNEEZE! It really hurts. GODSPEED!

Friday will be here before you know it and then it will all be over :) In the meantime, spend some joyful time with family/friends, enjoy the weather, and soak up the good wishes for a successful surgery & uneventful recovery from everyone here.

BTW, where in Wisconsin are you located? Where are you having your surgery?

Cris

I was also terrified of the tube down my throat afterwards. Truely, you are so out of it it's not bad,even when they take it out. Taking out the chest tube was also worse to think about than the reality. I know at Morristown Memorial,where I had mine, I had my own nurse at the foot of my "bed"for the whole 24 hours. Take the pain meds and let them tend to you. They loaded me into a wheelchair 24 hours after the surgery and took me to my room. We will all be thinking of you Friday
Laura

I don't think you will remember anything..from that Good Feel shot..in Prep room until you are in a Private room..I didn't.. :) I never remembered even being in ICU.. Never remember my vent, tubes anything..I had great nurses..Hope you do too......When I woke up ..my daughter said, Mom, want to take a walk..I said, sure..NO tubes.. and off we went..walking around the nurse's station....Bonnie

Thank you all for being there...it means so much to me! I will let you know how it went just as soon as I am able to...hope to talk to you all REAL soon!!

Cris, I live in LaCrosse..It's a little over two hours from Madison. But I am going to be going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for my surgery..I love Mayo Clinic, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else :D

If you're going to Mayo, you'll be fine. You can quit worrying!

I know Lacrosse really well. I attended college in Winona, and we use to run over to Lacrosse on the week-ends. Wisconsin's drinking age was 18 while Minnesota's was 21. I was at one of the first "October Fests' held at Lacrosse. Beer was a quarter and a hotdog $.15! :p :p :p

We also own a home northeast of there; we can drive to Lacrosse in about two hours. We might be making a quick trip up in late September; if we do, I'll wave at you when we head north at Tomah! :D :D

Mary said:
It's alot like having children; some rough patches, but they don't last and you're soon on your way to a new life.

Yea, they do eventually grow up and move away!!!!!!! :D :D

Good luck on your pending surgery. You will sleep through the surgery and most of your stay in ICU. But don't forget about your family who will have to endure the wait while being fully awake. My wife said those chairs in the waiting room didn't sleep too good :eek: . My fully adjustable bed was nice :D :D :D . But whoever designed those beds never laid in one and tried to reach the controls :mad: :mad: . Ouch!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Ask for a remote (some beds have them). It made a difference. Of course, everytime they moved the bed they would "forget" to plug the remote back in. Wonder why?????

May God Bless,

Danny

I'll be thinking of you on FRIDAY!!!! You are going to do amazing! Cant wait to hear back from you hearing that you up and walking around! Do something really fun on thursday with your son and family.

Best Wishes,
Diesel :p :D :p :D

Mama2Rylan said:
Thank you all for being there...it means so much to me! I will let you know how it went just as soon as I am able to...hope to talk to you all REAL soon!!

Cris, I live in LaCrosse..It's a little over two hours from Madison. But I am going to be going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for my surgery..I love Mayo Clinic, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else :D

Isn't LaCross the home of the giant six pack of Old Style?

Good Luck

Good Luck

Good luck on your surgery!!!!
Please let us know how you make out.
I am interested in corresponding with you.
My wife who is now 32 has a very similar history to yours!!!

C

In case you get a chance to check in again before surgery, good luck and God bless.
Please let us know how you do on the journey. :)

Tomorrow is THE day!!

Tomorrow is THE day!!

Well this is my last post before my surgery tomorrow morning...I don't feel too nervous yet...I think I'm just really anxious to get it over with...The hardest part is going to be saying "bye-bye" to my baby for a little while...he is gonna stay at his aunt's house while I recover...But I just wanted to come on and say thanks again to everyone on here...you all have been so supportive...I'm sure if it wasn't for you all I'd be FREAKING out right about now :D I did find out they have interent access at the hospital so I'll try posting as soon as I'm able to...Talk to you all soon

Latest posts

Back