new surgery opinion?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scuba_898

well i met with Dr. Ed Chen today who is with emory university here in Atlanta. he had a new approach to my leaking BAV. he suggested that from the tests results he saw and since i am young (29), that i have a valve sparing aorta replacement surgery done. I asked him about the davids procedure and he said they were the same. he also said i could still have a mech. valve if i wanted but his opinion was try to avoid having to be on coumadin if possible. he has performed the davids before and had good luck with it. he did say that it probably would not be a lifetime fix but that i could get 10 to 20 years out of it.

I know that a few of yall have had a davids done before or know more on it than i do, what do you know about it?? i think that cdheartman is the most recent (august) and he came out great. any info on the davids procedure would be helpful. thanks for the help.

A lot of people here have had that procedure and been very happy with it. In my opinion it is a great option. It was actually the original plan for Brian before things went to hell in a handbasket. I'm sure many will come along and post their experiences.

It's up to you, but in my opinion, I would go for whatever is going to hopefully keep me from ever having to go through this again.

Hi Scuba, my surgeon also said he would like to save my valve...so im guessing we may be getting the same procedure...so any info would be appreciated also. Thanks.

Back