*New beta blocker for CHF

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EireCara

Hi All.....I just read an article which stated that theres a new beta blocker which is especially good for people with CHF called....CARVEDILOL . Just thought it might be of interest to anyone with this particular problem.

This is actually a combination of an existing beta blocker and alpha blocker that have often been used in combination as separate scrips, just put into one tablet (CoReg) to lengthen the patent protection.

It has quite a list of possible side effects, which would be expected, but the combination is supposed to have a very good effect on CHF symptoms, and acts within a half hour of the dose.

Unfortunately, while it does seem to relieve symptoms, it doesn't affect the course of the CHF. However, anything that can help in any way is worth considering.

Best wishes,

Carvedilol

Carvedilol

EireCara I was on this post surgery, in Australia it is marketed under the name Dialatrend. It is a combined Alpha and Beta Blocker. I had a lot of side effects and had to discontinue it and change to Toprol XL. Fortunately Toprol XL did its job and I was able to discontinue all Beta Blockers after 12 months on the cardio?s advice. :)

HI,
I have 3 friends whose children have taken carvedilol for a few years now. It has helped tremendously with their symptoms although it has possible nasty side effects and can cause problems when coming off of it so I'm told. One child had to be admitted for 2 weeks to be weaned off of it properly.
Emma
xxx

Latest posts

Back