New AntiArrhythmic Drug approved by FDA

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALCapshaw2

On July 3, 2009, the FDA approved Multaq(R) (dronedarone) for use in treating patients with Atrial Fibrilation (A-Fib) and/or Atrial Flutter (A-FL).

A Nurse I know told me that this is a new alternative to Amiodarone which has fewer side effects.

I found MANY Links to articles about this new drug by doing a Search on GOOGLE for keyword "Multaq".

Good news!

I wonder if our VR member (Kfay) might benefit from this medication? :):)

Kimmie if you read this, perhaps you can ask your cardio for her opinion?

Norma, thanks of thinking of me. Dr. Connolly called me Thurs. night and we discussed all of my options and what exactly can happen to my heart longer term. We discussed this med, it was brought up when they met about me earlier in the week as being an option. However, at this point, it would be the third option, the first two being the ablation or tikosyn, and then if neither of those worked, this drug would be next.

By the way, at this point, it looks like I'm ablation bound again

Kim

Well I hate to see your heart tinkered with again, but I suppose we do what we must. Tbone is going through an ordeal, that are in some ways, identical.

Latest posts

Back