Need jury verdict

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a4wanman

I picked up my INRatio2 machine from my GP yesterday. Yesterday was my 90th day on warfarin, so now I can call in results. (I'm using the Philips service). While at the doctor's office, my meter was used to test INR - 2.5.

I'm the first for the GP to do home testing. NP wants me to test tomorrow (Friday) and email her the result, then test Wednesday to actually start home testing and calling in the result.

I have checked with Philips to see when they expect the first test. Based on previous conversations with Philips, I believe they will remind you to call in a reading if you go past one week. I know they expect weekly test.

What say the jury?

• Test Friday - only give NP result.
  • Test Friday - give NP and Philips result
  • Wait a few days longer
She didn't give the exact reason for testing tomorrow, but I have the feeling since I'm their only patient doing home INR test, they need to get a comfort level. I have not done a test on my own yet.

I'll third the motion, though I think it's nuts that you have to test again this soon. These doctors have got to get a grip and stop treating everyone like they're stupid.

I think testing next Wednesday is reasonable for now. Every one is new to the monitor and wants to feel confident prior to proceding.

I use a Hallmark Datebook--it's a calendar with one month per page and fits in the box with my monitor. Every dose of warfarin is noted as well as the total weekly dose and each test result.
Happy sticking--it's the only way to go.

Latest posts

Back